Rear End sag? 2003

Panbacca

Hey all, just wanted to add my experience with the rear sag. After replacing all shocks and springs i was still sagging and bottoming out at the rear. Finally took it to the dealership and they replaced the rear control arms. I'm all good now. The rear is still a hair lower, could be my imagination but the ride is way better and i don't bottom out anymore. The control arm failures were probably due to my own negligence in delaying getting my shocks and springs replaced.

am i the only one thinking this makes no sense whatsoever ?? :blink:

Adama, The control arms's job is to retain the rear axle in it's place... It has no effect on the height nor on preventing bottoming out.... I understand when you are saying that everything is ok now.... but I don't understand why the control arms would fix the issues you are saying...

anyone else ?

Maybe he had a bent control arm(s)? I could see that causing some funky issues with the rear axle travel on bumps and bounces. However, I couldn't see that affecting the ride height. :scratchhead:

When I replaced my rear LCA and UCA the ride did seem (visually) a bit higher and it definitely felt tighter. After things loosened up, YoDa once again became a saggy bottom boy. (take that last comment as you may) :lol:

My rear CA's were completely shot and were replaced with brand new ones, along with all rear bumpstops. My shocks and springs were all replaced because they were shot after 200,00 km.

Chaces are your ride will once again look lower at the rear once the bushings losen up a bit. After that, you'll have to decide whether you want to replace your springs or add a helper air spring.

If you add the helper spring, make sure you enlarge the hole the hose is going to go through, (as stated in on of the prevous posts) but do it enough to be able to use a ruber grommet to protect your hoses from chafing on the metal ends. You should be able to get the grommets from any automotive parts store. Doing it right the first time should give you years of enjoyment and use out of your air springs. (Even with the OME lift, I am thinking of adding the air bags to help with the exttra weight I carry in the rear on our long tirips)