REAR Trailing arm bushings!

kmgar99

I am usually pretty good with researching my own projects, but this one has me stumped.

I called the $^^&(@(*) at AC and asked for the info on the rear trailing arm bushings. I was told that the upper (Smaller tubes) and the lower (Larger diameter tube) bushings are the exact same size?

Being forver pesimistic...I called my local dealership parts guys and asked them for a price...thats where the confusion set in :blink::huh: The dealership told me the uppers were a different size bushing compared to the lowers?

Now i crawled under it today and although they do look different sizes the round joint that is welded to the rod and holds the bushings are the same size upper and lower......Whats up with the picture posting? I can't post anymore?

Anyway...any help would be appreciated

BTW I HAVE A 1997 SE

On a 91 the bushing are two different sizes. AC however has the attitude that one size fits all. I was not as well versed about AC when I bought from them. I made the AC bushings fit and they worked fine, however it is alot of work to make them fit.

well, with most poly bushings it is a lot of effort to make them fit (that's why 3 out of the 4 shops I called to have them pressed in couldn't/wouldn't do it). I do beleive they are the same size, many of the guys over on AC's board have replaced the uppers and lowers with the same size bushings, and it works out. I only replaced the lowers, they fit well, and they stopped my swaying issues. ;)

Thanks everyone....Big J...I don't have to worry about who will press them in since we have a 3,000psi hydraulic press at work.

All i hope is that AC actually ships them out this year!...Maybe I should wait to bash AC until AFTER i get my parts sssh