Pure Luck Cop Stories

Kingman

It was 1984 a relative had just died and left me a small inheritance and as I always did in my car crazy youth I took the money and paid a down payment on a new car with payments I could barely afford. In this case a new 318i BMW. A few months later me, my girlfriend, and another couple had been to downtown Nashville clubbing and we were headed back to my house about 15 miles out of town on I-40. We were all drunk as dogs and had an open bottle of vodka in the car passing it around. We had some other popular go-go 80's stuff in the car too which I won't name.

On the last 3 miles or so before my exit I let the string out on the BMW and we blasted through radar doing 118 mph. I coasted to the side of the road while my girlfriend tried to hide the vodka and other stuff. I knew we were all in trouble and it was gonna be really bad for me. The state trooper walks up to my car while I’m fishing my license out of my wallet. He looks in the window and says “son this is the luckiest day of your life, I’ve just been radioed they’ve got a five car pile-up at the next exit and I don’t have time to *my "vocabulary" is so small* with you. He turned around ran back to his car and sped off lights blazing and siren screaming.

A few months after that I got drunk at a big party and lost my keys right before I passed out. When I woke up the next day the BMW was gone, stolen. They found it totaled out in Kentucky with the keys still in the ignition. The insurance co. refused to pay the claim because the keys were with the car. I paid payments for 5 years on a car I didn’t have, I did sell the salvage. It was a real wake-up call for me. Been drinking like an adult ever since.

o @!*%.. that sucks so bad ^^

My luckiest encounter was actually running from the cops. it was 2:30 am on a Friday night, and i was in my friends volvo 850 turbo and were were intoxicated. we were flying down a local B road doing like 90ish in a 40. and for some reason there is a cop sitting in a speed trap off to the side. We didn't see him till we passed him. We look in the mirrors and see the blue and red light flip on, and turn to follow us. at this point we are about to crest over a hill, and there would be at least 20 seconds of the cop loosing sight with us.

So spur of the moment, we take a sharp right into a residential neighborhood that luckily we had a friend that had a house there. so we fly through the neighborhood, end up taking 2 or 3 weird turns to get to his house. at the end of the road, the road stops heading straight, and you have the option to take a left into the small street that ends in a dead end (which my friend lives on) or take a right and head back to a main road. we decide to take the left and pull up our friends driveway. we fly up it, turn the car off, and flip the lights off and wait. His house was the first one on the left after taking the left out of the intersection, and we can see the intersection from his driveway.

Less than 10 seconds later the cop flies up to the intersection, but pauses for a good 45 seconds, looking around. At this point we thought we were screwed and he was calling for backup, so we look at each other and accept the fact. but, as we are about to open the doors, he slowly pulls through the intersection, and takes a RIGTH! Somehow he must have lost us, or didn't hear the ticking of the car cooling down on the driveway less than 45 feet from him. :scratchhead:

------------------

Im new to posting on NPORA, but i hope i did a half decent job in painting the picture of the night i came closest to being arrested. and i hope it was a good read. Hope to see you guys around NPORA! :beer:

Edited by lcstay10