VG30E Exhaust Studs

lgranch

I donated my blown VG30E motor to a Tech School. They told me if I purchase the parts I can have it back when they are done. So i went to buy the new exhaust studs and I asked for the 300ZX Turbo studs. Well The parts lady gave me a hard time when I insisted on not the original studs for the Pathy. Her claim was that Nissan has discontinued the problem studs and replaced them with a new part number for the Pathfinder.

When she hands me the parts ($2.90 each) the bag claims they are studs for the turbo VG30 motor. Why all the hard time???

Also the school was looking for the "oil galley" plugs. This is a small block term not a Nissan term. All the parts lady was coming up with was freeze plugs. Anyone know the proper Nissan language? These are the plugs in the block for the oil passage. They are not soft plugs and there is 4 of them.

it is true that Nissan has replaced those studs - what isn't true is that they are from a vg30et - but they will work ... and they cost the same ... so it'll work out anyways ... all you have to do is ask for the "revised" studs, and they should know what you are talking about ... if not, get a mechanic, and he will definately know what you are talking about ...