Aiv, And Emissions Help 89 Pathy

Scaramoche

Hey all.

NOTE: i have an 1989 pathy, with the v6 vg30I with the throttle body injectors!

Well time to do some more work on my pathy! I have rebuilt the motor, heads etc. (still need to fix an exhuast stud). But here is my problem.

When i put it back in and fired it up it ran rough and doggy, I knew it was vacumm line issues, and some of the sensors, ie for example when i pulled the intake manifold off, the resivor that feed air from the diaphram thingy at the back was clogged(sorry to tired to go grab my chiltons for the name) either way, that was just one of many. My aiv can was completly rusted out, im pretty sure my o2 is dead or dying. So in the end i just capped all the vaccum lines, and it runs like a champ. But i have emmissions comming up in 4.5months so i need to start knocking it out. Any help you guys can give would be a great help.

things i need.

1)a emisions diagram i can actually make sense of

2)replacement parts(cheap if possible, im on disability lol)

3)guides, documents etc

and lastly anything you think I might need to know or purchase.

and things to help me pass imissions

Thanks

Frank

Edited by Scaramoche

85854077L.gif

vacuumdiagram.jpg

I had the same problem after my engine swap. Vac lines can really mess with you sometimes. Does it just need to pass the sniffer or will they pop you for something on the visual? I used to live in VA and my 87 passed fine even with the AIV box totally rusted out on the bottom. It looked OK, but definately wasn't doing what it was supposed to do emissions-wise. I think the bottom of the charcoal canister was messed up, too. Anyway, it passed fine. If you think you could pass w/o an AIV, you could prolly delete the entire system and still sniff OK as long as you're cat works well.