aftermarket amp wire - where?

groundzero

Hello all,

I am wanting to fit my 96 pathy with an after market amp and some subs. I can't seem to find a good place to pass the power cable through the firewall. Also is anyone has any ideas on where to route the amp power and signal wire throught the car, that would be helpful as well. I will be putting the amp in the rear cargo area of the car. Thanks again for any info.

-Tom

theres a rubber spot that you can run it through on the drivers side, not sure where exactly, but its there. I ran my 4 guage power wire through that and then under the carpetr along the edge, and i ran my signal wire down the passenger side under the carpet. its pretty easy to do. :takebow:

Thanks for the reply. I did a bit of digging and what I found was that there is quite a bit of room in the gromet that the main wireing harness passes through the firewall. I carefully punched a small hole in the gromet and slipped the power wire through. Now, here is another cool part. On the drivers side of the car, there is a white plastic channel that the power wire slid down rather nicley to the rear of the car. I hope that this helps someone else down the road.

-Tom