Headers!

ChrisPerna

so i have a cracked manafold. so i want to replace them with headers,

so what brand should i get? Thorleys recommended but the others work also

how tough is the install? if you have a 3" Body Lift it is much "easier" (it is a pain in the arse)

how bad is it getting the studs out? If they don't break; easy

and how long does the job take? 6 hours if all goes well

Spray the hell out of all the bolts with PB for a few days and have a torch handy (I use MAPP) to heat the bolts a bit

remember to get the 300zxTT studs (not sure if the standard replacement studs are evil) so you don't have a tick tick when the engine is warming up.

1) If you use the search function you should be able to find several good threads about fixing the manifold problems.

2) Here is thread with a how-to on replacing the manifold studs: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=16196

3) Nissan Parts list for Manifold stud replacement. (Pulled this myself from another thread and had it handy.)

qty part# Name

12 14065-V5004 Stud-Manifold

12 14039-W1500 Nut

12 14037-v5005 Washer-Lock

4) If you plan on working on it yourself recommend to locate and download the factory service manual. There a threads for this to. Some links in the theads don't work anymore...be patient one eventually will.

5) Recommend an oil filter relocation kit if you install headers. Otherwise its virtually impossible to change oil filter. (I couldn't see how to do it with the headers installed). There are at least two good threads about oil filter relocation kits/installs.

6) If all goes well 6 hours might be okay. But how often does everything go well? Extracting broken manifold studs can be a real time killer.

Good luck and if you run into problems or can't find something please do make additional posts. We all like to help. :welcome: