Front Blinker Conversion

CO94LEV6

So this last weekend was pretty busy. Got a 3" body lift installed and waiting on delivery of a Kennisaw front bumper so that I can install that as well.

Question is... with the Kennisaw bumper, I opted to not install new blinkers in the bumper and figured that I would convert the front marker light into a combination marker light/blinker. Has anyone else done this conversion? Are there any simple tricks I should know prior to going down to NAPA to try and find a bulb/socket combination that will work.

So this last weekend was pretty busy. Got a 3" body lift installed and waiting on delivery of a Kennisaw front bumper so that I can install that as well.

Question is... with the Kennisaw bumper, I opted to not install new blinkers in the bumper and figured that I would convert the front marker light into a combination marker light/blinker. Has anyone else done this conversion? Are there any simple tricks I should know prior to going down to NAPA to try and find a bulb/socket combination that will work.

Hello,

Yup, that conversion has been done by quite a few. I'm almost certain there is a write up on this site. Do a search and hopefully that will shed some info for you.

I used an 1157 socket (replaced the stock one) and used a dremel to make the socket fit. There is a much easier way to do this - and the write up iirc is the way to do it.