Can it be torque converter shudder

Guest bwilbourne

Guest bwilbourne

Well after new tires, road force balancing them, having the brake rotors turned, I am still get a slight vibration. It feels like I am running over a washboard. More pronounced at 20mph and 35-50mph. Does not always occur. I cannot figure it out. Does anyone think that this could be torque converter shudder vibrations. The dealership did take the TC off and messed with it. Maybe they did not put enough ATF back in it. I am thinking that I will try one last thing. Have the ATF flushed and then new put back in. Any thoughts on this? Also, what is the best ATF for Pathfinders?

Thanks-

I think your problem could be with you drive line. Check your Universal joints, greese them see if it improves for a sort time.

Do you have a suspension lift??

Also the drive shaft may have come out of balence.

Im my opinion there is really no way a torque convertor could shudder enough to transfer vibrations through the whole vehicle. They either work fine, or let go altogether and take the bell housing with them!!!

With my 85' Crown Victoria I had to replace the U joints and I think that the driveline was out of balance too Im not sure. It was a while ago.N-E-Ways every time I was driving at slower speeds it would vibrate and when I needed to speed up or what ever (like on a freeway or an on-ramp or just racing some riced out civics that cant beat an old beat up granny car ahaha) It would make a LOUD clunk noise. This also happened when I let off the gas real quick too. I dont know if this is the same with your car but who knows.

So ya do what Diesel Boy says! Hes the man haha.

Rami