FRASER CANYON RUN SEPT 19-20

Balmer

Hey all you Southern BC, and Northern Washington wheelers, here's an invite to run some trails near Hope, BC. There'll be a meet n' greet at my place on the Coquihalla River on Saturday afternoon with a BBQ to folow and Wheelin' Sunday. There's spare rooms and great spots to pitch a tent in my yard so no worries about a place to crash. I'm thinking Sept 19-20 or 26-27 would work best for me. I'm looking for some input on dates from you guys and any other suggestions to make this a run to remember! :beer:

***DATE HAS BEEN SET SEPTEMBER 19&20***

****CANCELLED TO DUE BROKEN 'FINDER AND NOT A WHOLE LOT OF INTEREST - WE'LL DO IT EARLY SPRING 2010****

Edited by Balmer

26 - 27 would work better for me, I want to have my lift in before the trip and it's my first time doing any suspension work so I want as much time as possible in case I fskc it up :D (that and I just generally have a busy schedule).

Anyway I've got classes on saturdays so I wouldn't be able to make it up until 8pm or later. So unless you're planning on an early sunday start I'd probably just come up sunday morning.

UPDATE

I've had to set the dat for Sept. 19&20... I have another event to attend/volunteer at on the 27th.

In case anyone's interested, I'll give that a quick plug too: The Hope Mountain Center for Outdoor Learning is putting on their annual "BC River Day Festival". It's a celebration of our rivers that includes educational insight from some local native bands, conservationists, geologists and even the Minister of Environment, a paddle up the Fraser River in traditional native canoes, a lunch by the river, gold panning (with instruction), and tons of other cool stuff. Check out The Hope Mountain Center for Outdoor Learning on line for details.

Sorry to rush you Zibi, are you lifting your IFS, your body, or just doing the JGC coil swap? If I can find some time to fly out and help you with it I will, I've been forced to do pretty much all the stock suspension on my rig a couple of times now so I'm pretty familiar with the whole thing! I anticipate a start time of around noon since everyone likes to have a few beers the night before and eat several pounds of bacon before the run :aok:

Jeenyus, Smithk, Skwerlb8 and others, I hope you can all make it, it's gonna be a blast! Like I said on one of the other threads, The FIBC crew that I'm friends with came up for a Harrison "back side" run in the spring and there's a few guys/gals itchin' to some more "local" trails, let's make this an awesome joint-group gathering! Hope to meet you all in a few weeks.

already missed it, it was on the 22nd :)

and Balmer, just an OME coil lift, I have an R50 so I'm limited in what I can do. Appreciate the offer for help, shouldn't need it unless I"m stuck in a bad way hopefully

Read up a bit man, I was referring to the FIBC newb run :)

PM me your phone # if you want and I can call you closer to this event or if there are any changes to the date so you can stay in the loop.

It's looking like a small group for this run. There's likely to be 5 or 6 rigs, but that's cool, it will give everyone time to get to know eachother and the trails will be free moving. More are welcome if anyone wants to check out some really cool spots!