4x4 light on 90 XE V6 lighting up in 2wd

DreadPirateRedBeard

As some of you know from other threads I have posted, I have no power to my front wheels in 4wd. Now, in the last 2 or 3 months, I have noticed the green 4wd indicator light coming on at odd times. I can be going down the road and it will be intermittently blinking. Not a steady blink but like there's a short to the light. If I give it more pedal, the light stays on steady for the most part. It can be in 2wd or 4wd. A few years ago, I had a shop do a bearing job on the front end and a few months later, I went out off roading and found out that there was no power to the front wheels. I'm searching for and may have found a parts truck so I can replace the entire front shafts from the pumpkin to, and including the hubs. Is there any possible explanation for this? Whenever I shift into 4wd, I shift the t-case of course and back up a few feet to engage the auto hubs. If I wasn't so in love with this truck, I would have poured 5 gallons of gas into it and tossed a match in and had a marshmallow roast long ago. Thanks in advance for any help and advice you guys might have for me on this.

Dirkin

Edited by DreadPirateRedBeard