relocating spare tire under rear of Pathy

What parts are needed to convert from a rear mounted spare tire to an under the rear mounted spare? It's a pain to have to open and pull the swinging spare tire holder out of the way every time I need to access the rear compartment. It will also look nicer and more streamlined.

It's for a 96 Pathfinder. Also, are there any covers available for the bolt holes that will be left over and under the right tail light if I remove the swinging spare tire holder?

Edited by rick88ss

find out if the under-car spare tire carrier from a '00 will work for your '96, and i will send you all the parts you need to make it work. just pay for shipping.

Thanks for the offer. I'll have to see if the 2000 stuff will work in my 96.

I think a friend of the family has a 2000 and I'll have to check side-by-side.

How many parts are needed? About how much do the parts you have weigh?

Edited by rick88ss

if you live in the US, it should only cost $15-20 to ship them.

Sounds good. What's included, since I really haven't had a chance to look under a Pathy with the undermount spare?

Do you have a pic of all of the parts?

Thanks,Rick

Does anyone know if you can attach a "Stock" swing tire carrier if your vehicle didn't originally come with one??? I noticed that the license plate on the rear hatch is a little different but have never really looked close enough to see how they actually attach to the rear quarter panel.

Does anyone know if you can attach a "Stock" swing tire carrier if your vehicle didn't originally come with one??? I noticed that the license plate on the rear hatch is a little different but have never really looked close enough to see how they actually attach to the rear quarter panel.

There's 2 brackets that hold it in place. Each bracket has 4 bolts. I don't think it's an easy mod because under the quarter panel there must be a heavy duty bracket to hold the heavy spare and swinging holder. There's also some brackets on the rear bumper to lock the swinging tire carrier in place.

there is the actual bracket that will support the weight of the tire via the chain, a few brackets to mount the gearbox that actuates the chain, some metal tab thingies that keep the tire in the correct spot, etc.

I'll take it. I'm in Miami.

BTW, do you also have the rod and the piece you add to it to make a T that you stick in the hole in the rear bumper to let down the spare?

i do have the rod but i still use my stock jack, so i need those two pieces.

if you're still interested in the rest of the parts, PM me your info. do you have PayPal?

here's a pic of what you'd be getting:

DSC06763.jpg

i'll even get underneath and try to give you whatever bolts were used to mount everything. :)

PM sent