Steering vibration

vanuatoo

Hello

I've got 2003 3.5 SE.

I noticed that when I'm stopping on the red my steering vibrates so I can really feel that.

After some research I noticed that tachometer goes to 0.5 when the car in D or R and brakes are depressed.

If I switch to P or N the engine idles at 0.75 and vibration stops.

Thank you for your help in advance.

for me it sounds like a tranny problem.... I have found someone on the net answering better than I could do, on a similar behavior : I quote :

" Its possible that your transmissions Shift Solonoids could be acting erratically, either because they themselves are faulty, or the transmission's ECU is faulty, or maybe even the wiring between the two is somewhat faulty.

However it is also possible that your transmission's Speed Governor is holding too much pressure and doesn't realize it needs to downshift when you start slowing down.

Thirdly it is also possible that your Torque-Converter lockup may be siezed, or the wiring feeding it may be faulty.

"

I would say that if you get a "check engine" light, then I would run the self diagnostic procedure included in the repair manual of your path.

not much, but hope it helps..

** Update**

Just found something here.... do this easy test... Next time you start your truck from a prolong stop (like in the morning), drive it with the OD OFF.. This will prevent the overdrive to engage, and at the same time, the TCC (Torque converter cluth) selenoid will not be used... If after this, when you get to your stop sign, the problem is not there, then your TCC selenoid is likely the culprit... if not, well, at least you know it's not that :tongue: You could also say, that if the problem is not there in the morning from small driving (less than 70Kmh), then again, I would suspect the TCC selenoid...

Edited by fleurys

for me it sounds like a tranny problem.... I have found someone on the net answering better than I could do, on a similar behavior : I quote :

" Its possible that your transmissions Shift Solonoids could be acting erratically, either because they themselves are faulty, or the transmission's ECU is faulty, or maybe even the wiring between the two is somewhat faulty.

However it is also possible that your transmission's Speed Governor is holding too much pressure and doesn't realize it needs to downshift when you start slowing down.

Thirdly it is also possible that your Torque-Converter lockup may be siezed, or the wiring feeding it may be faulty.

"

I would say that if you get a "check engine" light, then I would run the self diagnostic procedure included in the repair manual of your path.

not much, but hope it helps..

** Update**

Just found something here.... do this easy test... Next time you start your truck from a prolong stop (like in the morning), drive it with the OD OFF.. This will prevent the overdrive to engage, and at the same time, the TCC (Torque converter cluth) selenoid will not be used... If after this, when you get to your stop sign, the problem is not there, then your TCC selenoid is likely the culprit... if not, well, at least you know it's not that :tongue: You could also say, that if the problem is not there in the morning from small driving (less than 70Kmh), then again, I would suspect the TCC selenoid...

I've imported this vechicle from US and when I checked the ATF level it was really low, actually it could not be read from the stick.

After that technican added some fluid and I've driven about 500 miles and when he checked again the level he told me that there is no need to change the ATF completely.

Check engine is not on.

Also I noticed that the problem is not here when the engine is cold, after it has warmed up I get that vibration.