Bulk buy of instrument cluster voltage regulators

Beemer

I just ordered 30 new voltage regulators for our instrument clusters. These should hit me within a week.

The are the 3 prong 8 volt regulators, but are "heavy Duty", hence the H prefix instead of the KA. However,

I'm not sure if these have the bolt hole. In all honesty, with something like this, I'd use Arctic Silver

computer heatsink adhesive, as that stuff is what I've used for building servers and hot rod computer

systems for the past 10 years now. That way you KNOW you have a nice connection to whatever will be used as

a heatsink.

If you guys want one, send me a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) with a buck in it and a stamp on it

and I'll shoot them out to whoever wants one. (that's a buck apiece..the stamp costs more than the regulator does!)

The shipping cost me more than the regulators did. The buck covers my cost for purchase and shipment, and my gas to the post office

(I live in a small town, no in town mail delivery or pickup..missed rural delivery by ONE stinking house too, so we all have to go

to the post office to drop off mail we want delivered)

You can find arctic silver heatsink adhesive on Ebay and at Newegg.com (HUGE computer hardware store)

This stuff is ALSO more expensive than the voltage regulator, but you'll NEVER have a heat transfer problem when you use this stuff!

I might also do these on the side for a minimal amount of money for those of you who are "soldering challenged".

I would request that you ensure your gauges and sending units are functioning properly before you send me an instrument cluster though..

I don't want to get flamed for installing a new regulator on someone's cluster and having it NOT fix the problem!

Just email me at beemer1@att.net and let me know what you guys think about it.

I'll also be out in New Jersey sometime in the next 2-3 weeks picking up my 87 pathfinder I bought on ebay, so if you're anywhere off I-80, I could swing by for the price of fuel for going out of my way to see you and I'd solder yours on personally. (the pathfinder I just bought was advertised with an "unreliable fuel gauge", so you can guess who'll be the first customer, right?)

Below are the specs and the actual cut and pasted order form, so you can see what I paid for them all. I ordered 30 of these, so I imagine this should cover the demand here..if not, I can always order more of them.

I'm new here, and new to Pathfinders in general, although I did have a new 1986.5 hardbody 4x4 longbed brand new (and was mud dragging it with 300 miles on it from new) and I've been racing DSM's (Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX AWD Turbo and Mitsubishi Galant VR4 AWD Turbo cars for 18 years, and I've even done a few KA24E motors for friends with 240sx's. Been racing 30 years, motorcycles and cars and even riding lawn mowers (ever seen a honda 750 powered lawn tractor?)

Nice meeting you all and I hope this helps you all out.

Dave Beem

Beemer's Racing (a one man enterprise for nearly 27 years)

Tabor IA

LM7808CT

3-Terminal 1A Positive Voltage Regulator

Fairchild Product Reliability Report

Test Standards:

Moisture Sensitivity: NA

Thermal Impedance: 2/73

Physical Dimensions: TO-220

ESD HBM: 3000

ESD CDM: 500

ESD MM: 300

Attribute Value UOM

General Information

Device Marking(TOP MARK) $Y&Z&E&3

LM7808C

Family Code 0SH

Package Type TO-220

Package Description 3LD PLASTIC W/EXPOSED HEATSINK (SINGLE GAUGE)

Pin Count 3

FIT 5

MSL Rating |

Restriction of Hazardous Substance

Standard Plating Finish Matte Sn

Die Fabrication

Fabrication Process Identifier AR7800F

Package Assembly*

Plating Finish Layer Thickness 8.0um - 13um

Thermal Impedance (Theta JA) 73 °C/Watt

Thermal Impedance (Theta JC) 2 °C/Watt

Moisture Sensitivity NA

Electrical Test

ESD Human Body Model (HBM) 3000 V

ESD Charged Device Model (CDM) 500 V

ESD Machine Model (MM) 300 V

Package Assembly*

DAP Size SINGLE STRAND

Frame Material PDD

Wire Material Cu

Wire Diameter 1.5 MIL

*If an attribute is listed twice, either can be used on the part.

Buy Items

Part Number Description Unit Price Quantity Ext. Price

LM7808CT 3-TERMINAL 1A POSITIVE VOLTAGE REGULATOR $0.250 30 $7.50

Subtotal: $7.50

Shipping Charge: To be determined

Fairchild Direct does not charge handling fees for shipments by UPS or FedEx.

You pay only actual shipping charges. Click here for shipping information.

Total: To be determined

Products | Design Center | Support | Company News | Investors | My Fairchild | Contact Us | Site Index | Privacy Policy | Site Terms & Conditions | Standard Terms & Conditions of Sale

© 2006 Fairchild Semiconductor

Hey, for those of you lurking..

my mailing address is:

Dave Beem

C/O Beemer's Racing

200 Elm St

Box 163

Tabor IA 51653

I may go 2 for 1 on these if you need them..I fried one with my way too large soldering iron that's used for 00 series wire..overkill, but my trigger pull wouldn't stay on..so they can be fried.

Next time I use a pencil style soldering iron..duh.

Dave