Clutch issue

inqydesu

I left my Pathy sitting for 3-4 days, and when I went to drive it again i could hardly get the gearshift into gear (5 spd). The Clutch seems to engage like 1-2 inches off the floor, way lower than it was before (at least I don't recall it being that bad). The problem seems to improve once you drive it a bit, but it feels like you are driving a go cart with the clutch kicking in so soon. When you leave it and let the car cool the problem seems to get worse,. So where the clutch engages seems to be a function of the car's running temperature.

I really don't want to have to replace the tranny and don't want to damage the truck. Any suggestions on what the problem might be and potential fixes?

probably has something to do with the clutch master or slave cylinders ... you can get rebuild kits for both fairly cheap and can be accomplished by even novice wrenchers ... be sure to check/change all the clutch fluid as well ... that would be a good start ...

Exact same thing happened to me recently. I replaced the slave cylinder and bled the system. After a little test drive I thought it was good to go. Drove across the state for some rockclimbing and the clutch pedal was completely useless after about 10 mins. So then i tried replacing the master cylinder and it has worked ever since. Easy fix, $40 and probably no more than an hour.