Slave Cylinder

dagwoodzz

Quick clutch question.

Did the 3" body lift over a month ago. Noticed right away the clutch had some play in it. Next day checked the fluid and it was low. Traced tubing back to tranny, no signs of leakage other than an oil spot from top of tranny in middle. Couldn't tell if it was break or tranny fluid. Got my daughter to pump clutch til she was tired and saw no dripping. So just wrote it off as coincidence.

Last week noticed clutch had play again, refilled.

yesteday out of fluid.

All i can make is it is the oil leak from top of tranny down. (probably tranny fluid would not leak from top as fluid does not go higher than fill line? I don't know for sure.)

My question is does the clutch have a slave cylinder on top of the tranny '87 WD21 5SP manual? ( As you can tell I have been too lazy to wash and crawl under there and look) I'd like to try to pick one up on the way home today. If so where on the tranny is it located if it exists?

its either on the left or right toward the bottom of the trans, im betting you have a leaky master cylinder if you dont see visible leaks under the boot on the slave. crawl under the dash and look.

It's a slimy mess under the dash. Thanks, I never would have looked in the cab for a leak.

yep, sounds like the master cylinder took a dump. new ones are cheap or just rebuild yours. easy as pie.