IPOD Adapter

findmypath

Hi everyone,

I have a '03 LE with a Bose radio w/ 6 disc changer and I'm absolutely tired of using my FM transmitter when listening to my Ipod. In interested to hooking up so kind of line in into the radio so that I can plug the Ipod into the radio and have a more clear sound. I read several posts on the site about adapters working on these radios and then there were others who said that adapters don't work. If it wasn't that I don't enjoy throwing money away on things that don't work ....can any of you give some advise whether or not it is possible to SUCCESSFULLY hook up an Ipod to the radio?

Thanks.

The PAC in-line works pretty good. Ive installed several of those at the dealer. Pretty easy to install. Just need to make sure you have a preset or sat button on your radio. It sounds good too. Better than a Harmon-Kardon I-drive that I installed.

Oh yeah, it wont charge your I-pod. There is a new connector that will charge it, I found it on ebay at Integral solutions (I hope thats right).

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

My apologies for not being clear. What I was referencing to was the adapters that allow you to plug your Ipod into the head unit. And I think I have my answer my the last post. Since I don't have a SAT button on my head unit I'm guess I'm SOL and I have to endure static and poor sound quality for a loooonnnggg time :thumbsdown: . Thanks guys.

I looked into this myself recently and ended up using a cassette adapter. There's no installation to speak of, the sound quality is good, there are no interference or noise issues, and it's inexpensive (I've seen them at Target and Pep Boys for about $10.)

If you don't have a cassette deck (I have an 01 Bose, perhaps they did away with the cassette deck by 03?), you could try an in-line FM modulator:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...OD01&tp=121

Since it is in-line, there are no transmit/interference/reception issues that plague FM transmitters. It must be installed, however.

Crutchfield also offers Ipod-specific products that might charge your unit also. I don't use an Ipod, so I don't know any details.