re4r01a transmission Rebuild Diary (I hope)

toy720

I Would Like to say hello as Im a newbie On here And I just bought a 94 Pathfinder 3.0l 4x4 with the transmission burnt up on it. Now My plans are to post the rebuild process from start to finish and be as detailed and add pics as much as possible.

Heres the catch I have never rebuilt a re4r01a transmission before I have rebuilt several other transmissions with no problems so I think I can take this one on as well with little problems. Now with that being said I would like to solicit as much help and information as possible, comments, suggestions etc... will post a new post in a bit with some pics and another write up on thoughts on this transmission.

OK Im just adding some pics of the transmission before teardown I cleaned it up a little for now.

The next picture is of the valvebody this is a little different than the last 5 trannys Ive done. The thing I hate most so far about this trans is the trans harness ive vever seen one like this and do not like the design you have to remove the valvbody or carefully unplug all solenoids etc and carefully move the connection throght the case were the harness enters all other trans that ive done has a plug at the case. poor design in my opinion.

All in all This by far was the worst transmission to remove from the vehicle it was a battle but I won For you that do not want to gamble on the exhaust bolts I just cut it on each side where it routes under the tranny and when its back in i will have that piece welded back just a suggestion?

and this last picture is of the trans fluid that came out I have never seen fluid so dark it looked almost black It will be interesting to see where the failure was I have an Idea But we will Just Have to see Tear down coming soon.

Edited by toy720

Welcome to NPORA bud. Definitely keep a tally of everything you do and take plenty of pics. Also you might hop over to the New People Start Here forum and introduce yourself. BTW which part of texas are ya from?