JDM Replacement

Jdpathy

Okay, so I am seriously considering put a new engine in my pathy, I have been looking around online for engines and stuff. I am under the impression that buying a JDM Engine is going to be a good deal for me. These are imported from japanese vehicles and usually have between 20 and 60 K on them. Low mileage is because of the extensive laws in japan and expensive cost to keep running them. These are the two major sites I was looking at, one is for 695 plus about 400 shipping and the other is 799 +shipping. Didn't know if any of you guys had any experience with these engines and had any good or bad things to say.

JSM Motors

Nissan JDM Replacement

Edited by Jdpathy

This is some of the information on the engines

How many miles do the engines have?

We honestly do not know the exact mileage and if any of our competitors quote you a mileage figure, they are only guessing. THE 35,000 MILE THEORY. This theory originated by taking the average yearly Japanese driving miles and multiplying that figure by the average years the vehicle stays in use in Japan. While this average might be close, it is not exact. We have been to Japan ourselves and we have seen actual cars with 30-60 thousand miles. It is rare that the mileage exceeds 60 thousand miles.

Do the Japanese have to sell their engines or junk their cars at a particular mileage or time?

NO! The Japanese car Inspection, or Sha-ken as it is called in Japan, determines whether it is cost effective for a person to keep his/her vehicle. The inspection is a detailed biannual inspection that is very expensive, especially for older cars that may not pass. The owner is penalized heavily for any failures. The U.S. Department of Commerce can give you more info on this topic.

Why do JDM engines have lower mileage?

Japanese people rely mostly on public transportation, therefore the cars are driven less. They also have bi-annuel car inspection, or Sha-ken as it is called in Japan, and determines whether it is cost effective for a person to keep his/her vehicle. Engines are also taken out of cars that have been accidented in the back or the side.