ARB Sahara - Lighting

Orangetang

I didn't buy the expensive IPF lights when I bought my ARB, instead I ended up buying some GE 4509 aircraft landing/taxi bulbs, and rubber housings for under $40 bucks. I've had them for about a year, even though the bulb life is only rated for 25 Hours. They just recently burnt out, either naturally, or becuase I had the toggle on by accident while it was idling for an hour or so. I'm curious what else you all have fitted in there. Before this I had a cheap set of offroad lights from Princess Auto, which shattered the first time they were splashed with water, while on...

I just finished putting in an order for the newer GE Q4509 bulbs, rated at 30,000 more candlepower, cooler lens surface, and same wattage/draw. They're substaintially more money, $25 instead of $10, but the life is rated at 100 hours, which alone is worth the cost, I think.

In case these don't work out for me, please post whatever you're using. Also, if you're at all intrigued by these GE bulbs, they are incredibly bright but not very durable. I couldn't even tell if I turned off the headlights, highbeams, or Hella 500s.

• 4 months later...