Erratic Idling

95shakinPF

I just recently had the fuel line leak recently talked about on another thread, so I decided to stop being lazy and fix it. Tightened the two clamps on either end and whada ya know...no more leak! :blush02: Well while im there I figure I'll check the air filter(which is clean) and why not spray the throttle body down with TB cleaner as well! Now my rig is idling at 1500-2000rpm's and I've rechecked everything that I've loosened or tampered with. :suicide: Everything is back to its original place and tightened down. I'm a pretty descent mechanic (at least I think I am) given my 20+ years of doing most all of my own maintenance/repairs myself. But for some reason this has got me puzzled. Please give me some ideas of what to check. This is probably the third time I have cleaned the throttle body on my pathy and have done this on all my vehicles in the past and never had this problem before. Yes, I have checked the connector at the MAF sensor and its fine.

P.S. HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!!!

Thanks Ghost for the fast reply, No I did not! I will 1st thing in the morning!

again,Thanks

update---All was good with the connectors,but I did find a bad vacuum hose under this lil round thingy with a tube coming up from the exhaust manifold. Not sure what this component is but I found my problem,so thanks!!!

Edited by 95shakinPF