What is a Knock Sensor on a 1997 Pathfinder LE?

MJBBMANO

The fuel filter has been changed. It was so dirty!!!! Its been now 4 days since I added Shell 93 V-Power and Sea Foam. one day since changeing the fuel filter and it seems like the problem is gone. I filled up again with the same gas today. I will do this for a month and hopefully it was the injectors that were dirty. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the great help.

Dude!! V-POWER is the best gas in my area by far !!! My pop used to work in a machine shop (for 27 yrs)...for big rigs, like dump trucks, power company trucks, industrial sized engines etc...he said that he always knew who used Exxon..as it would leave heavy red deposits on the intake sides of the combustion chamber and almost always fouled the injectors.

Every area has the potencial to be different, but I believe my dad for obvious reasons and he swears by BP and SHELL...after spending different weeks at different stations I agree!

Dude!! V-POWER is the best gas in my area by far !!! My pop used to work in a machine shop (for 27 yrs)...for big rigs, like dump trucks, power company trucks, industrial sized engines etc...he said that he always knew who used Exxon..as it would leave heavy red deposits on the intake sides of the combustion chamber and almost always fouled the injectors.

Every area has the potencial to be different, but I believe my dad for obvious reasons and he swears by BP and SHELL...after spending different weeks at different stations I agree!

I had used gas from BJ's Wholesale club (for 5 years-87 Octane) because it was on my way to work. I have to detour about 2 miles for a Shell, but it will be worth it now. What do you think of Shells 87 and 89 Octane? Will they also clean my injecters?

• 4 weeks later...
I had used gas from BJ's Wholesale club (for 5 years-87 Octane) because it was on my way to work. I have to detour about 2 miles for a Shell, but it will be worth it now. What do you think of Shells 87 and 89 Octane? Will they also clean my injecters?

Not sure if I'm missing something here, but if you're wanting to clean your injectors why not just throw some Lucas in your gas tank?

fueltreatment.jpg

This stuff works pretty darn well. As a side note, I've spoken to a few people that use it, and they've told me you don't want to use it excessively. Of course I guess anything used excessively can be harmful.