Got some new shoes yesterday

wheel366

Well, I got the AT Revo's because they were supposed to be pretty good in the snow. I can honestly say that I never got stuck but I wasn't thrilled with their performance. Having dedicated snow tires on my S4 really made a difference. The car was awesome with those snow tires. However, since the snow tires are around 7 years old, (I've used them for about 6 years) the rubber started to get hard plus I lowered my S4 and I really didn't want to try to make it snow worthy this year after all the upgrades I have done onit. So, yesterday I bit the bullet and got some new snow tires for the pathy. I don't really have any comments on them yet other than I thought they would be better on the ice which is what we had last night. I bought the Toyo Observe Open Country G-02 Plus since my local STS was able to get them in a day. The only other tire I found in a 31" was the Dunlop from tire rack but I didn't want to wait to have them shipped. I called 4 other places in my area and none of them had anything in stock nor could get them. Next year I am going to get a set of steel rims for them but this year I just had the Revos taken off and stored. I paid $176 each with mounting and balancing. I almost had a heart attack since the Dunlops where $109 but when you add in shipping, mounting and balancing I would have ended up paying the same. I just hope I made a good choice. Last year, Bridgestone had a Winter Dueler but they are not offering them this year. The S4 had Blizzacks and they were awesome. They few reviews that I could find said that the Toyos are awesome. We shall see.

http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires.asp?l...category=winter