oem oil filters

Nissan3

hey everyone, went to go change my oil the other day and noticed that nissan gave me a different oil filter then what was put on last time they changed the oil. The filter they put on has a part # 15208-65FOO. But the one the parts guy gave me at the same nissan dealership is 15208-65FOA. Anyone know if theres any difference? The filter fit on the thread fine. And the label on the box had the vq35de motor on it but not for the pathfinders???

thanks for any advice.

I recently saw 2 AC delco filters that were totally different from each other but had identical parts numbers on the filter...one made in USA and the other China....

--->different casings, China model had label sprayed on----USA had a paper label glued on

--->China filter had 5 small holes around baffle---USA had 6 larger holes

---> USA model had a more rounded finished contour on the bottom---China version had big (hammered looking) dimple on bottom

But they were on the shelf like they should be identical, do I really believe that they were the same in side? After all they were the same price!!.................................many many corners being cut right now to offeset the Bushmeister and his terrible stuck in hell economy--I would guess that the one they installed is a different manufacturing line (and country). I would definately ask them about it...it is your warranty, truck, $$$, etc!!!

Edited by 98silverpathy

hey everyone, went to go change my oil the other day and noticed that nissan gave me a different oil filter then what was put on last time they changed the oil. The filter they put on has a part # 15208-65FOO. But the one the parts guy gave me at the same nissan dealership is 15208-65FOA. Anyone know if theres any difference? The filter fit on the thread fine. And the label on the box had the vq35de motor on it but not for the pathfinders???

thanks for any advice.

Just check country of origin - Nissan will change suppliers, update designs, and such. Every time that happens, the part number will change.

The guys with the L28 powered Z cars have gone through *18* part number changes, IIRC. The VG30 has had about nine. This isn't new.