Power Door Lock Actuator Replacement

findmypath

Hi,

I took the plunge and purchased a new door lock actuator. I'm planning on replacing it myself and when I first took the door panels off I didn't see a good easy way of replacing the actuators. Is there a good way of replacing this or will this be a very difficult project?

Some background info... My door lock on the driver side would not open with the push of the button on the remote (even after two presses). I replaced the battery in the remote and still that didn't fix the problem. So I bought a new door lock actuator. The frustrating thing is that the doors sometimes open and sometimes they don't and it would be nice to have a door that opens all the time :rolleyes:

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

2003 Pathy LE

Are none of the other doors opening with the remote? Also will the driver side door unlock and lock with the power door switch?

As for the actuator there pretty easy and straight forward to change, i've replaced quite a few on Chryslers, you just need to take your time and be patient because you don't have a lot of room to work with.

All doors open except the driver's door but they do lock without a problem. If I remember correctly, there really is not a lot of room to work with. I'm hoping that there is someone with some tips or advice.

Thanks.