Rear Defogger question

Guest LS1King

Guest LS1King

New pathfinder owner here. I purchased a pretty well taken care of pathfinder recently. It does have a few things that need to be fixed though. I have already drilled out a couple manifold studs. I'm now ready to move on to something a little less stressfull. Where can I find the rear defogger relay? The nissan dealer couldn't even tell me.

Also, I've read about the one light working on high beam post. I have checked my switch and it looked ok not sure though. If it is bad would I still be getting voltage to the plug for the bulb? Sounds crazy but I get voltage to the plug just fine. The only thing I can see a difference on is the resistance for the ground. I have of course tried a bulb that I know works on both.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Edited by LS1King

Guest LS1King

Ok, I'll check in the back. I didn't think about looking there. The bulb has been checked. I picked up a new bulb and installed it... Doh! So then I said well mabe I got another bad bulb. So I switched the bulb from the passenger side (works on high and low) to the driver side. Same thing javascript:emoticon(':confused:')

smilie. But I am getting 12.5+- volts to the light socket on the driver side when its on low. Then I 12.5+- on the other hot wire when its on high. Like I said the only thing that is different is the resistance on the ground wire.

Edited by LS1King

Yea, I think I'll try that. I just don't see how the switch would allow voltage to get to the light if it were bad.

i would imagine the lights run in parallel off the switch, though i could be wrong, if you have more resistance in one light than the other, all the power could be wanting to go to one light and not the other, electricity tends to pick the path of least resistance... but i'm not too familiar with how they are wired up, so i could be blowing smoke...