Changing injectors

02silverpathy

I have decided to change out the 2 bad injectors in my path to help attain her full street value...I have read the FSM and it all looks easy but if anyone out there has replaced them--or--replaced the O rings in there let me know as you will actually be helping me earn a difference of about $1500 more (private retail vs. wholesale)

Thanks in advance....

Chris

Which injectors are they? If they are the 1-3-5 injectors, they are a piece of cake. Unscrew the screws on the caps, be sure to use the right size screwdriver or you will strip them. If you do, use a pair of vicegrips or something to get them off. To get the injector out, you will need to twist them back and fourth while pullling on them to get them to pop out. This may not be the easiest thing to do. I have had to pry on them to get them out with two flatblade screwdrivers. Once they are out and ready to reinstall, hopefully you replaced the o-rings, coat them with a little engine oil. The oil will lubricate the seals and help them slide into place. Pushing down on them will usually get them in, but you may need to seat them by reinstalling the caps. The oil may cause a slight misfire upon startup, but it will go away after a few minutes. Be sure to check for leaks right away.

If you need to replace the 2-4-6 injectors then the intake will need to come off. Hope that helps.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

sheeeit that is awesome...they are both on that side!! I have to be honest they looked as easy as you describe, but I didn't want to faulk myself anymore than i have already!! Thanks a mil!

So should I buy all the new rubber rings/gaskets for the 2 ? (2 o rings and one basket looking rubber spacer for each )

Edited by 98silverpathy

The injectors themselves are one piece, only the o-rings are serviceable. I imagine someone somewhere has rebuilt them. Some places can clean them(Dr. Injector). The injectors sit inside the rail and are fed fuel. No replacement of the rail is necessary. Its one piece and pretty dependable. Just remember to replace the o-rings as rule of thumb.