Power Windows and Locks: sudden death

FloydMax

Washed my 1996 Pathy and after washing, no windows, no locks. Did nothing different than any other time I washed it. The power lock toggler on the passenger side works, but the drivers door power lock toggler doesn't. The windows won't work anywhere. Pulled and examined all the fuses and all were OK. I'm inclined to suspect that either a ground wire in the driver's door or a fusible link somewhere is the problem. Has anyone had this problem? Moonroof works fine and everything else works fine. Mystified that the power lock toggle on the passenger side door works but not on the driver's door. And the Power Windows no longer function.

Sudden Death.... :confused:

Do you have keyless entry? From the looks of my wiring diagrams, there's a circuit breaker-1, thats common to both windows and locks. **You might have 2 problems.** If you have keyless, check your locks, if they work on keyless the problem should be in the switch. If not, there's a "Smart Entrance Control Unit" that senses whether doors are unlocked or not. Your problem could be one of the sensors(probably drivers door). As for windows, check the "Power Window Relay"

Try and get a "Haynes Manual" on this, their wiring diagrams have been quite valuable for this sort of thing.Good luck, let us know how it goes. :)