Limited Slip diff?

96SE

Hey there,

I have a 96 SE model, automatic, 4x4, 3.3L. I want to change all the drivetrain fluids (trans, t-case, and rear diff) but I'm not sure how to tell if the rear differential is limited slip or not. The manual has nothing on the topic. Any tips?

Also, any tips/tricks/hints/warnings about changing any/all of the above fluids?

Thanks

Adam

1) sticker on diff. LSD or LSD OIL ONLY

2) spin check. if both rear wheels spin the same way, LSD. if one spins opposite, open diff or worn out LSD

the only oil to change that is a PITA is the trans. unless you have a drain plug. otherwise you have to undo the bolts holding the pan on.

Yeah, check for a sticker on the diff. Or you can have a little fun and try to do a burnout, or go around a corner and accelerate and see 1 wheel spins your you slide sideways. My SE with power everthing and a 5-speed didnt have a limited slip, but I slipped in a Lockright locker later on. Ever get a pathy on 33's into a full sideways drift and pull out, I have! Very interesting!

Thanks for the help guys. I'll have the back end up on axle stands this weekend to work on the swaying/wobbling problem, and I'll do the wheel turning trick to find out.

Thanks for the welcome too!