Code 43

Guest hotrod97z

Guest hotrod97z

I am getting code 43 on my '87 Pathfinder. Code 43 is set when there is a problem with the injector circuit. The truck is in "Fail Safe" mode where it won't rev over 2800 RPM, which means there is supposedly only a problem with 1 injector. I have gone through the test in the Factory Service Manual (FSM) and everything tests fine. I cracked the truck and put a screwdriver in the throttlebody to see if both injectors were firing. The screwdriver was wet on both sides which suggests that both injectors were firing; however, this test is very crude and unreliable. When I remove the 15-pin connector from the ECM and check the resistance between pins 101, 102, 103, 104 and ground, I get around 0.4 - 0.5 ohms. This is only about 1/3 of the value stated in the FSM. I removed the connector panel cover from the connector panel (sorry, I forgot the exact terminology) and measured the resistance of the injectors. Both read 1.5 ohms which is exactly what the FSM specifies. Also, when I measure the resistance at the injector wiring harness and at the injectors themselves I get 1.5 ohms.

I'm thinking this is either a short between the connector panel and the ECM or the ECM is faulty. Have any of you experienced anything similar? Thanks for your help.

Alan