Rock Sliders "Supersliders"

01burgundyQX4

I'm new to the forum, and I am interested in adding a little more off road capability to my R50. I recently bought these:

CIMG0021.jpg

Part of the reason I bought these was that the attachment at both the body seam and boxed frame would create a couple that would resist vertical forces. I expected to see this attachment at the seam to continue the length of the rail. Here is a comment from the manufacturer: "Not mounting along the entire seam causes extreme stress with the leverage of an impact on the outer rocker itself. Our design distributes the load across a broad area instead of focusing it on small spots." I was surprised to see that the attachment at the body seam is only 2 bolts per side, one near the front of the seam tube, and one about at the mid point of the seam tube.

Does anyone have experience with this product and will it hold up to severe use when bolted on? It is very sturdy, not junk, but the attachment is not what I expected. I plan to have a welder cap the open tube ends and sleave the bolt holes since they are open to the weather and there is no good way to maintain the interior surfaces of this tube. Also I plan to add an angle across the back frame mount tube to add two more connections to the body seam. The caps at the tube ends will be angles with holes to provide more bolts to the body seam. Thanks.

Rick13, I read that thread before I ordered mine. I was really mad when they came in and were built without the full width connection to the body seam. Since then, I've realized that being mad is not accomplishing anything, I'll just have to fix them. I did call the company I bought them from, and pointed out that the instructions for my year R50 state that there are to be 4 bolts each side into the body seam, and only 2 holes and bolts are provided, but they didn't seem to be concerned.

Rick13, I read that thread before I ordered mine. I was really mad when they came in and were built without the full width connection to the body seam. Since then, I've realized that being mad is not accomplishing anything, I'll just have to fix them. I did call the company I bought them from, and pointed out that the instructions for my year R50 state that there are to be 4 bolts each side into the body seam, and only 2 holes and bolts are provided, but they didn't seem to be concerned.

Oh, sorry. Hard to read and can't see pics on my phone. Doesn't seem right?!?!

personally, these would not be enough for the offroad that I do... this is why I made mine boxed to the <frame rails>..

Those are very nice, I like the addition of bolt on hard plastic.