Mix N Match Crankshaft Parts

Derrik

I need help identifying the correct version of crankshaft & matching Plate-crankshaft sprocket.

I have a 91 Pathy, but I can't be certain of the engine's history. Recently, the plate behind the timing sprocket was damaged and I have to replace it. However, the parts people ordered me the alternate part number 13022V5001 instead of the original. When I test-fit the part, it doesn't seem to self-center itself on the crankshaft, due to a deep groove machined into the CS directly ahead of the front main seal mounting area. I want to know if the original part number was a better fit for my CS before I go insisting that they order the original design for me.

I noticed that there are 2 CS PN's which only fuels this suspicion. How do I identify which CS I have?

In short: how do I determine which CS I have,and how to tell them apart?

from the http://nissan4u.com/parts/pathfinder/us_wd21/1991_2/type_39/engine_mechanical/piston_and_crankshaft_and_flywheel/

21 Plate-crankshaft sprocket

13022V5000

alternate: 13022V5001

22 Crankshaft

1220121V80

alternate: 1220021V11

Edited by Derrik

If you trust the info on this site (no reason you shouldn't, I just haven't been to it before) then your crankshaft part # is 1220121V80. The alternate is apparently specific to a Nissan Quest.

If you go to the link you provided and click each part #, they list what year and vehicle it applies to.

Funny thing is, if you Google those part #s, you get a bunch of Russian and Spanish websites. Plus the pic on the Nissan4u.com web page is of a Nissan Fuga. Are you sure you're not ordering something for a European spec VG30? There might be a difference being left-hand drive or something.