Help with Power windows

Maddog999

I have a 1993 Pathfinder XE. The drivers window does not go down or up. The Driver switch is fine the motor on window just doesn't move. Checked the connection that plugs into the motor and when the switch is hit it gets 14v...................so my question is I know I need to get a window assembly for the drivers door. Were does everyone buy theirs from on the internet......looking for a reputable place and has anyone does this.......it looks like it going to be a pain in the azz.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by Maddog999

Well i ordered it from partstrain.com...........90.00 bucks shipped. They say they have insruction manual for installing it..........we shall see. Looks really tight getting the track out. I a,m guessing I will need to shim the window in place or have someone hold it. Anyone who has done this and possibly has pictures would be great. Search here and googled the install and came up with nothing.

Well i ordered it from partstrain.com...........90.00 bucks shipped. They say they have insruction manual for installing it..........we shall see. Looks really tight getting the track out. I a,m guessing I will need to shim the window in place or have someone hold it. Anyone who has done this and possibly has pictures would be great. Search here and googled the install and came up with nothing.

I bought mine on ebay for $50.00....

I recently put a new window in my 87, and as far as removing and installing the window itself, it's pretty straightforward. Me and my dad did it and it was a breeze with two people, and it helped that I don't have any interior panels on the doors...

All I did was remove one screw at the bottom of the window and then it pulled right out. I'm sure after that it shouldn't be too much work to replace the window motor.

Good luck!

Partstrain is a good site ive ordered from there before. and as for shiming the window ive done a ton of regulators and ive found that masking tape over the top of the door to the glass works just fine. It will be tight getting it out most vehicles are.

Depends on if your just replacing the motor or the whole regulator. Most of the ones ive done come as the whole regulator assembly. But if your just replacing the motor you shouldnt have to take the bolts off of the glass.

Edited by Airrun2002

Depends on if your just replacing the motor or the whole regulator. Most of the ones ive done come as the whole regulator assembly. But if your just replacing the motor you shouldnt have to take the bolts off of the glass.

No I'm replacing the whole regulator assembly, comes with a motor. So the bottom track that is under the window will need to be removed and reinstalled on the regulator asembly correct? How long a job is it? Its seems to me the big challenge is getting the assembly out of the small opening..........and not bending something in the process. Any tricks you got to add will be great. I like the idea of using duct tape to hold the glass in place.

Thanks

Tom

1. I said use masking tape, duct tape will leave adhesive all over everything.

2. It shouldnt take more than an hour, you just need to get the old one out. I suggest unbolting the glass and rolling the window regulator all the way down that should get it as compact as possible. then just fiddle with it you might have to roll it up or down with the switch to get it to the right angle to get it out.

1. I said use masking tape, duct tape will leave adhesive all over everything.

2. It shouldnt take more than an hour, you just need to get the old one out. I suggest unbolting the glass and rolling the window regulator all the way down that should get it as compact as possible. then just fiddle with it you might have to roll it up or down with the switch to get it to the right angle to get it out.

Thanks.....yeah I saw that don't know why I said duct tape LOL