How to get rear power outlet to work?

Do you have a multimeter - or some way to test a 12V circuit?

Test the circuit at the fuse, and at the power outlet. Then you can trace the problem that way.

I don't have one, but I could pick one up.

Thanks!

If you have power coming out of the fuse block, check the Relay mentioned in the how-to that I linked earlier (should be in the relay box on the drivers inner fender under the hood marked as Power Socket 2). If there is power coming out of that, then your problem lies between the relay and the socket, or it's the socket itself.

If there is no power from the relay, replace the relay.

check this out, it wont work now but it makes me think that the 2 sockets should be powered under 1 fuse. This was back when both worked. I have a jumper cable box i was charging using the rear socket. whith the vecicle running and a cell phone charging in the front port. when i turned the truck off and took out the key, the cell phone was still charging and the compass and temp gauge was still on. So i think that if there is a seperate fuse, maybe it is either in line with the socket under the console or if nissan wanted to run alot of extra wire to make it easy to change, making it inline still only routing the fuse to the box. Well i just got home from work and want some sleep but im gonna check later today when i get up to go to work to see if i gotta blown fuse, not that i have any of the little bastards anyways! But now that i hear of this socket 2 fuse spot, i got to thinking. hummm

and i dont think that charging it was why it quit working cuz there were several monthes between where it worked. I took a trip to illinois where my mom and girlfrient were in the back watching a dvd with i plugged in back there and i blame them for it not working. Leave it to a woman to screw up something on a car..... sorry pezzy....nothing againgst mechenicially inclined women, just against women i know