UCA bushings

BigMike

i got my new UCAs today and with them came new poly bushings, i wasnt planning on using the bushings that came with them cause i had a set of Moog replacement bushings i was going to put in my stock UCAs befor i decided to lift it.

the Moog bushings are basically OEM rubber and are tight as hell to try and put in but the polys go in easier. i wanted to try and keep a OEM ride some and not make it so stiff but the moog bushings are different in shape too. shorter and different.

07-07-06_2322.jpg

07-07-06_2321.jpg

07-07-06_2320.jpg

what im wondering is do yall think that there will be and adverse affects cause of the shape how it is? im guessing its going to spread out some when compressed but there like 50% less surface area thats going to come in contact. i preffere the idea of the tighter fit the moogs offer but im just curious to know what yall think.

btw the polys are on the left moog on the right.

well one of the reason i was looking at the rubber was ride, i know its an 4x4 but i figured it helped the ride a bit plus i had already paid for them. that and the polys are squeeky. but the polys wont degrade like the rubbers to salt and weather.

plus you got the Rough Country UCAs right? if i am correct than they come with grease fittings, so you can pump some grease into them....goodbye squeaky....

i have the rough country UCAs and i cannot for the life of me get one bushing on one side of each to push in all the way, its like they are to long? So good luck if you use the Rough Country ones. IF you use them, post back and let me know if yours went in okay.

05-07-061656.jpg

the polys are squeeky

There is a discussion here about poly grease (Earth 1 is the author). Use the right stuff, and no squeaks (fittings would help). As for stiffer, yes, but better control and longer life... :shrug:

B

i have the rough country UCAs and i cannot for the life of me get one bushing on one side of each to push in all the way, its like they are to long? So good luck if you use the Rough Country ones. IF you use them, post back and let me know if yours went in okay.

05-07-061656.jpg

You have to cut the sleeves down a bit to get the bushings to fit right. Like, 1/8" each side. That's all.