How many miles do you get from a full tank?

zack1978

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from WA dove to Calil last month. avg'd 18.5 and 18.7 to grants pass.

Avg'd low 17's on cali gass and 80+mph speeds in cali.

same numbers on the way back.

cargo; me, 2 girls, 1 dog & luggage for the 4 of us to last 1.5 wks (that includes the girls luggage)

things that may have contributed to my decent mpg; headers, e-fan and midgrade gass the whole way.

• 1 month later...

...Translate 14.9 liters/100kms... based on a 976km drive...had to fuel 2 times and half but then it was not all empty... can't quite say how many liters it holds... I've seen 57 liters tanks/15 gallons ...can't be it would make 3.8 liters per !! usually a gallon is 4.5 liters on a pathfinders specs i found 21.1 gallons...hum... thats no straight answer i guess.. hard to figure, capacity can be mesured in liters, american gallons, british gallons, canadian gallons ...ppffffffff. don't think there are any american liters or canadian liters... i hope !! anyway...let say about 500km on a tank would make 312 miles... if i divide by 4.5 l/gal. not nautical miles now !! :crazy:

Edited by Pinip

• 2 weeks later...

In the winter the worst I ever got was 9 mile to the gallon.Average was 13-14 when it was -30 out with a warm up.As of so far this spring 17-18 average with one day I found out that I got 23 mpg going 50mph and none winter gas.two days ago I got 17.82 mpg and it needs a fill up to day so I'm hoping for more since I didnt go wheeling.

*nods* Like I said - a few months after my new plugs/wires/cap/rotor and a few uses of Lucas products to clean the injectors and fuel lines (and shortly a new fuel filter) and I'm able to squeak about 350 before my idiot light comes on :D

Problem is, my fuel gauge doesn't work, so my idiot light is my ONLY warning... that's my 2 gallon warning isn't it?

I think getting street tires to reduce rolling resistance and re-doing the paint/clearcoat and fixing the rust spots should help me... improved aerodynamics +1 MPG and reduced rolling resistance +1mpg :D

>_>

I can dream, right?

I'm lucky to get over 250 miles to a tank. Though I've ran to a pretty well at or below the "E", after filling up it was about 17.8 gallons after getting about 280 miles to that tank. I've read the driver's manual at least 10 times and it claims that it has a 21 gallon tank, though I'm not too sure about that. Cruising on the highway around 70mph I average about 320 to a tank. Around town I avg about 12-14 mpg on an easy throttle. Freeway is about 16-17 mpg. Worst I've ever seen was around 180 miles to a tank (>10mpg) , but that was a really cold week... haha.

Not too sure why my rig drinks soo much fuel. But gas isn't soo expensive nowadays so I'm not too affected. Haven't had a serious tune up, so that could be the problem.

*ponders*

What all affects MPG?

Air Resistance

Rolling Resistance

Driving Habits

Bad Fuel

Clogged Filters

Clogged Injectors

Old plugs

Old wires

distributor cap and rotor

old oil?

leaks?

etc?

i get around 200 miles per tank. which averages out to 12 mpg. i get around 15 on the highway. all these numbers are horrible, i know.

factors:

vg30I

33's w/ 4.65 (stock gears)

mostly city driving.

2.5 miles to work. 6 miles to school. so the engine usually isn't even fully warmed up by the time i reach my destination.

i know every gas-saving trick in the book and use them all.

87 grade octane.

and that's about it.

*ponders*

What all affects MPG?

Air Resistance

Rolling Resistance

Driving Habits

Bad Fuel

Clogged Filters

Clogged Injectors

Old plugs

Old wires

distributor cap and rotor

old oil?

leaks?

etc?

Here is what affects MY Mpg...

Driving habits.

When I'm in a bad mood the pathy is thirstier.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm. My truck runs out of gas once a month at maybe two miles past 300. I actually got about fourteen when the engine was running on five cylinders with 183 degree off-timing.

Hey everyone,

My 1995 SE-V6 5spd has been getting great gas milage, after a full tune up, a new o2 sensor, and changing all diff and trans fluid to Amsoil syn. She has 168,000 miles on her and has always been run on Mobil 1 since new. As of lately I have been getting close to 340 miles to a full tank, and if I was gutsy I guess I could push it more. So what are you getting to a full tank? And also what size is my tank so I can figure out the MPG.

Thanks,

Zack

The absolute best way to find out you average gas mileage is when you fill your tank.

Here is what you do.

Find out how many miles you have drove. And find out how many gallons you filled up.

Take the miles you drove and divide it by the number of gallons you filled up with.

I know this is common sence so dont beat me up about it.

Here is a tip though, when you are filling up set the pump to the lowest automatic setting that it will stay on by it self. This will make it pump slower, and as a result you will get more liquid gas for your dollar versus if you would fill up as fast as you can. The faster you fill up, the more gas vapors you get.

So the best thing to do is, pump slow. You WILL get more liquid gas for your dollar! Trust me, this is what I do.

on my trip to silver lake (55-65 three hour drive) i got 150 miles from a 1/4 tank.... somewhere near 16 gallon tank

:P

but then on the dunes i used a 1/4 to go 33 miles :S

I just did the math, and i think my gas gauge is off...LOL

I think we calc'd it when i filled up b4 the dunes...and it was around 26 mpg highway

Pretty good for a 91

Edited by OldSlowReliable