Snorkel Installation Pics

First pic using template that came with snorkel although afterwards we found that we had to move the template pivoting from the centre hole so that the lower hole closest to the door was approximately 15mm higher.

Second pic is the pilot holes.

Third pic is The hole that was cut for the snorkel ducting to come through. It says 86mm but we had to open it up to nearly 95mm. the inner guard is extremely close to the outer.

I had to remove most of the bolts from the guard to get better access. I decided not to use the rubber that came with the snorkel due to how much it would have had to crush to fit behind the guard.

I used some brake duct that we had left over from the race car. I removed the lower air box (behind the bumber) and ran the duct straight to the airbox. I had to make a spacer out of hard plastic pipe that came with the snorkel.

The spacer on the airbox. I used Loctite Black Max(sensor safe silicone) to seal and join the space to the bottom of the airbox.

It was getting dark and too cold out so I havent got any pics of the finished product yet.

I am happy with it? Well honestly not 100%. The TJM Airtec seems to fit alot better than the Safari. But we didnt realise this until we had already cut the holes :angry:

So in my opinion I would go the airtec if I had the chance to do it again. The big test will be next weekend on our trip to the Alpine region.

Edited by OzMattie

me too...

ok, I noticed the head of the snorkel on some of the other pics you posted before seem really low, but I guess for you guys being right hand drive, it doesnt matter much... can you do me a favour, and sit in your passenger seat, and tell me how annoying it might be to look around when driving from the side I would sit on. I already find the pillar, and the ventshades a PITA to look around when making left had turns.

Thanks!! ;)

It is visable from my drivers side but it is something that I will have to get used to. No major problem.

I sat on the passengers side (your drivers side) and it is mostly hidden behind the pillar I will take a pic tomorrow and post it for you guys.

• 4 weeks later...
It is visable from my drivers side but it is something that I will have to get used to. No major problem.

I sat on the passengers side (your drivers side) and it is mostly hidden behind the pillar I will take a pic tomorrow and post it for you guys.

is it tomorrow yet?

:P