R50 Hidden Winch Mount recovery system

Hello guys

Well here it is.

I made up some new recovery hooks. The old ones will not work with this winch mount as it is a 1/4" thick.

blackpanther_armor_2020005.jpg

Welded them up.

blackpanther_armor_2020001.jpg

The end product without the winch.

blackpanther_armor_2020004.jpg

With the winch on the plate

blackpanther_armor_2020003.jpg

Installed with the bumper on.

blackpanther_armor_2020002.jpg

Ok I will post pics and vids on the trail in the next few days I have to tester out extensively.

:beer:

Very nice! :clap: Where did you mount the control box?

BTW, you should consider replacing the steel wire cable with synthetic, and use a billet aluminum hawse fairlead. This will reduce the weight on your front suspension and increase your approach angle.

Edited by XPLORx4

Synthetic rope is expensive though.

When I get my winch, I'll run the steel cable until I feel it is necessary to replace it, and at which point, I'll get synthetic.

And besides....that roller fairlead looks so much cooler stickin out of the bumper...:D

Synthetic rope is expensive though.

Well, yeah, it is. I never said it would be cheap! ;)

The wire cable+fairlead probably weighs about 50 pounds. But, as I'm sure you're aware, there are a lot of other advantages to synthetic besides weight.

Oh yeah, definitely, there's a ton. But, I hate to toss out a perfectly good cable. They're very hard sells on eBay, too, since everyone is buying synthetic rope and trying to sell the steel cable on eBay. Which is why I figure I'll use the steel cable for a while and then get the synthetic.

I'll replace the cable when it wears out. I know about the advantages of synthetic but I will run with this for awhile. I have OME front springs for her pathy as well.

The control box is mounted under the grill had to fabricate up a bracket. I'll post more pics later when I get the O/R pics and vids. 50lbs is not really going to increase your aproach angle by much at all maybe a 1/4" of an inch. Even at that in the approach angle is increased by the angle in which the skidplate is formed. Meaning a straight plate for the front can have a worse approach angle then a lower truck with a angled plate.

All my additional mounts will work with my skidplates. I'll have pics of everything later on.

50lbs is not really going to increase your aproach angle by much at all maybe a 1/4" of an inch.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't mean that the weight would decrease your approach angle. It looks to me like the fairlead is the lowest thing on the bumper now, which decreases your approach angle. That's why I recommended the hawse fairlead; it doesn't stick out so much.

Either way, nice work.

Ok let the testing commence this weekend.

As for the approach angle for the fairlead I think that particular one may be in line with the front of the bumper. But all makes are a tad different.

The plate also protects more of the front of the rad.

But I'll post pics.

To the trails P...

i was in fast reply mode and i dont know all the shortcuts yet lol... :aok: better? by the way ill prob have made another post by the time u look at this thread in which case i wont both to look to see if that smiley worked

What about a brush guard? Would one fit or can the holes that are on the frame be mimicked on the winch mount to allow mounting for the brush guard? I cant give that baby up! It would probably be mounted a 1/4" lower though.