Poor Man's lift

k9sar

What GrimGreg said for me too- lift and support truck on jack stands, unbolt shocks and panhard, remove tires for extra drop (I also unbolted the little guides for the brake lines and watched them carefully to allow a bit more extension), then drop the axle. Easy removal and install, no spring compressors, no worries. :shrug:

Edited by Mr. Pickles

• 3 years later...

went back and read this thread since I had pointed someone to it. It's almost 3 years since my poor-man's lift and the only think I've destroyed is a CV joint and that was not due ot the angle, just my horsing it down a trail. Guess reindexing the t-bars is fine with my ball joints.

Don't laugh; but I'm wouldn't mind doing the same thing but I need to know (2) things first.

1.) Which jeep springs are needed to do a mild 2-3" lift?

2.) What does UCA's mean?

sorry still learning...

Don't laugh; but I'm wouldn't mind doing the same thing but I need to know (2) things first.

1.) Which jeep springs are needed to do a mild 2-3" lift?

2.) What does UCA's mean?

sorry still learning...

UCA= Upper Control Arm, we replace these with aftermarket UCA's to allow us to correctly lift the front suspension

Springs- You can use a cornucopia of springs (hehe, big word!), the most COMMON non-designated spring would be the jeep grand cherokee springs, from a JGC pre 98 i think, it must have a v8 engine and you will need to cut down the springs a little to make them work with our setup. search 'rear spring options' or go to the how to section for more info :)

You can also do what myself and another are doing/have done, which is find someone in your area selling 3" lift coils designated for a jeep cherokee XJ from rough country suspension, these usually go in the front of an XJ, and we use them in back for a pretty good spring option, they are softer so they are taller, but they won't fall out of the coil retainers so easy when flexing.

Finally, you can go to 4x4parts.com or purenissan.com and order a specifically designated pathfinder lift spring. I think that 4x4parts.com offers a 2" lift coil set, and you can always just add a small coil spacer for another 1" or so of lift

• 4 years later...