skids

zonianbrat

Thats the best brand I think for the r50. VERY SOLID plates. go with the 3/16". they are pretty beefy. me likey :aok:

there is also AC skids. i havnt heard alot about them. only 2 cases (1. guy swears by them 2. guy complained they didnt fit properly)

I would definately recommend the bpa skids. (superskid kit)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the best brand I think for the r50. VERY SOLID plates. go with the 3/16". they are pretty beefy. me likey :aok:

there is also AC skids. i havnt heard alot about them. only 2 cases (1. guy swears by them 2. guy complained they didnt fit properly)

I would definately recommend the bpa skids. (superskid kit)

I have the front AC skid...It's massive, and a pain to install but I think it get's the job done nicely. I don't spend all my time wheeling anyways...it works fine for me. And the shipping was a lot less...but Customer Service from AC was :oops: :oops: :oops: :furious:

not to down AC but they arnt known for their customer service (except for jane - shes very helpful).

marcel (owner and operator of bpa) is very personalwith his customer and does a great job with service! :aok:

:lol: I was wondering th ehe would figure it out before you replied... guess not :lol:

I was the helping hand, and even the 10 gauge plates I have are heavy to hold up over your head (but I am an old fart, so no telling what you young wipper snapers can do :lol: )

Alright so, AC = 4x4Parts.com..

Where does BP ship from? I heard someone talk about customs, maybe it was someone from Canada that said that but just curious. Will order at least the front ones today.

Alright so, AC = 4x4Parts.com..

Correct-o

Where does BP ship from?  I heard someone talk about customs, maybe it was someone from Canada that said that but just curious.  Will order at least the front ones today.

BP ships from somewhere in Canada...Trainman??

AC ships from Florida (If I remember correctly) Like I said though...their customer service was absolutely atrocious.

FYI...I am about to try to change my oil w/ the skid installed. I'll post results on whether or not it's do-able w/o removing it.

Oh yeah, I just bought a K&N from Auto Zone (hooray! another K&N sticker!)

Edited by navygz19

BP ships from Manitoba.

AC's Customer Service has gotten a LOT better since they hired Volrick. He actually knows his arse from his elbow and isn't a totally useless idiot like Aurthur. Also, he's taken over most of the customer service stuff for Jane, so she isn't nearly as spread thin, and they're actually getting very good reviews lately. Give them another shot, and talk with Volrick - he's good people.

BP ships from Manitoba.

AC's Customer Service has gotten a LOT better since they hired Volrick. He actually knows his arse from his elbow and isn't a totally useless idiot like Aurthur. Also, he's taken over most of the customer service stuff for Jane, so she isn't nearly as spread thin, and they're actually getting very good reviews lately. Give them another shot, and talk with Volrick - he's good people.

You talking to me Veng?

It's going to take a lot for me to warm back up to them again. I was beyond pissed w/ them...and on top of that they didn't send me the correct decal I ordered!

I will give them another try though...I mean, who else is there to turn to?

Some other Nissan enthusiasts need to invest in an Off Road superstore like AC :D

Anybody interested in undertaking a small business loan w/ me?????? :lol:

Spoke to Marcel today... Sounds like a great guy. Will go with him for now.

Yes, Marcel is a good guy. I would recommend using the BP Skids over the AC Skids. I've had both BP and AC's skids, and BP's skids held up a lot better than ACs....the AC skids went concave on me after the first trail I hit...and they were 3/16" steel! The 10ga BPs held up better than that, but I eventually upgraded to the 3/16" BPs when I came out here to AZ for a little more protection on the rocks.

The last hard rock hit I had was at 10-15mph, stopped my truck dead. I thought for sure I broke something...yup, I sure did...THE ROCK!

BP Skidplates are the best available, and there's no way around that. :aok:

I love my BP's and Marcel is a great guy to deal with. Shipping from Manitoba was only about $100 for a full set and it only took a few days. I've heard about AC taking MUCH longer and having virtually NO customer service. :shrug:

my Black Panther install pics

Edited by k9sar

Another vote for BlackPanther. Got my skids a few weeks back from Marcel, picked up his last Black 10GA Superskid kit and finally installed it last week, fitment is AWESOME. Only trouble I ran into during installation was the broken bolts from the factory splash guard which were a pain to extract. Tested them out this weekend and they worked great. I will have to get some pics up.

Marcel is a great guy to deal with too, he was very patient with me and answered all my questions quickly. Only thing that sucks is the shipping cost since he's from Canada but oh well, its worth it. I'm glad I went with Black Panther. :aok:

Edited by 01PathySE