Darn Check Engine Light

rmd0311

Alright this Service Engine Soon light is really getting to me... I have had the truck for 4 months now and have thus far loved it...

The SES light just came on again for the third time. This time its p0110.

P0110 is Intake Air Temperature Sensor.

Anyone ever have this one? I just did my exhaust? Hopefully it will have nothing to do with that. As always I just turned it off, see if it comes back.

The light before that was the right Variable Timing Control Sensor, dealer replaced. The one before that was CAT Below Threshold, dealer fixed under warranty.

Ideas, thoughts?

No...the IAT has nothing to do with the MAF. The IAT is a little sensor that is in the in-fender airbox/resonator.

When I get home and I can look in my manuals, I can look up what possible causes of the code would be, and we'll go from there.

COuld the light be tripped if the sensor is disconnected in any way... I got into a fender bender and had bumper fixed over the weekend. They had to take the bumper off and disconnect some things to do so. I figure they have have disconnnected it and that is why this happened. Just a thought.

• 5 years later...

I just had deer strike damage repair (hit it on the passenger side) done where the bumper and lots of other stuff was replaced. Now I am getting this p0110 code (intake air temp circuit malfunction).

As per Haynes, I tested the wiring connection for voltage and it checked out (4.86 V). Then I tested the resistance of the sensor and everything there checked out (it even changed resistance as a function of temp, as is should). Fuse #16 is fine, as well.

I try to clear the code and it just comes back instantly. I've read here that the IAT sensor is useless, but I really don't want the SES light staring at me forever.

Any ideas other than electrical tape over the light :rolleyes: ?