Muffler?

I searched and all I found on this topic was replacing the stock muffler and quotes on muffler replacements. I'm asking what type of muffler would you guys reccomend for my 97? I just want it to sound beastly and I am willing to pay up to $200 for it. I have been looking at Magnaflow and Flowmaster, but I want to know how they sound, if there are any other good brands, and if they are worth the money. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Striaght pipes, beefy, but are they legal?

depends on how you look at it...if youve already got the inspection sticker...then yes

otherwise, no.... im working on my exhaust though, i think im going back to stock...just got to find a jy willing to part weith an entire exhaust for under $100

I just want it to sound beastly

A 3.3 has it's limitations w/ "beastliness" when it's comes to an exhaust note ;) It's not afterall a HEMI (dude...is that a HEMEHH?)

Mind you, the old 300ZX's w/ the 3.0L sounded meaner than Hell. A couple of high-flow mufflers was all it needed.

I'd recommend Magnaflow, only because that's what I used to run on my SE-R and it was a great system.

i know dozens of trucks with anywhere from 4cyl to big v8's and almost all of them use flowmaster 40s. about $60 a pop and sound very good, and take a beating off road. a buddy basically sat his muffler on a rock and there was little more than a dent, didnt even crush it.

If you have them do a cat-back have them do a Y pipe that leads into the muffler. 2.25 in and 2.5 out. That way you won't loose any low end power. I had them do 2x2.25 into the muffler and 2.5 out. It works good and all but I did notice a little less low end power troughout the range.

My personal experience has been that flowmasters sound nice, but don't flow as well as others. And they rust fast out here in UT. I'd get something stainless like borla or magnaflow. Both sound nice and flow quite well.