Trainman

BLUE (Cant get the size and color to work):X

That means its a BOY!!!!!!

hehe....

Those do look really nice....Still on my wish list

Edited by Casey.T

how much $$ did those cost?

www.blackpantherskidplates.com

Runnerman... will you be sending rock washers for me & the mister when our stuff ships? I managed to shear off a couple bolts last summer! :X

I just want to make sure everyone understands that the blue colour is non-standard, the skids I got were BP's display model for the 10 gauge kit. BP is no longer making the 10 gauge, only 3/16" so the display kit was not needed and was made available, so I picked it up.

You can only see the blue if you know to look, so I am not too worried about the colour but the standard un-coated or black ones would have been my preference.

As for installation, the only issue was that the shop that did it broke a couple of the small bolts that held the original plastic splash shield off and these had to be drilled out. They missed one (hence the farthest right rock washer is missing) and will re-do it at the next oil change.

Other than that, the install was straightforward with everything BP supplied fitting perfectly. It is a very nice product.

www.blackpantherskidplates.com

Runnerman... will you be sending rock washers for me & the mister when our stuff ships? I managed to shear off a couple bolts last summer! :X

Yes you will and everyone else will be getting Rock Washers when they get the rest of there skids. If they don't want the rest of them then they can e-mail me and I'll send them out.

I do have to say the Blue skids sure show up really nice for a picture P...

I am out of commission this week but the t/c plates for the R50 are finished at the laser and I just have to form them. Then they will be finished and goto the coaters.

:beer:

As for installation, the only issue was that the shop that did it broke a couple of the small bolts that held the original plastic splash shield off and these had to be drilled out. They missed one (hence the farthest right rock washer is missing) and will re-do it at the next oil change.

Niiiiiiice skids :clap: You finally got 'em eh?

But I AM perplexed as it seems that by saying this you didn't install them yourself?

You finally got 'em eh?

But I AM perplexed as it seems that by saying this you didn't install them yourself?

It took less than a couple of weeks to get them B)

I had my local shop install them, it was a busy time for me work wise and it made more sense for them to do it. I also knew that one of the bolts was broken (they broke the other during the install) and I just did not want to be sliding all under the truck. They have a hoist, I do not :(

It took less than a couple of weeks to get them  B)

:furious:

j/k ;) I too got mine, umm, actually on Friday last week. Glad to have that proffessional relationship over with! And actually, seeing your post today inspired me to finally go out and install kine (by myself, it was a pain because they were so heavy!! I had to use my floor jack for support) which ended up being a good thing because I did a little 4-wheeling, bottomed out bad and got stuck in some nasty muck...by myself. So my new skid has it's first gash in it now. I did, however pop it out w/ my friend 4-lo :P See?

Ooops

Dsc01128.jpg

Ooops again...

Dsc01127.jpg

Ahhh freedom...

Dsc01129.jpg

Not trying to thread jack here...but timing certainly is everything!

Oh BTW...I dig the blue!

Edited by navygz19

:furious:

j/k ;)  I too got mine, umm, actually on Friday last week.  Glad to have that proffessional relationship over with!  And actually, seeing your post today inspired me to finally go out and install kine (by myself, it was a pain because they were so heavy!! 

Not trying to thread jack here...but timing certainly is everything!

Oh BTW...I dig the blue!

ttiwwop.gif

I showed mine, you show yours :P

Glad they helped you out.

Mine only took 4 days to ship once payment was dealt with from me.

ttiwwop.gif

I showed mine, you show yours :P

Glad they helped you out.

Mine only took 4 days to ship once payment was dealt with from me.

Somehow I knew this was coming :P I'll get out there tomorrow morning and snap a few shots...just got home from work and it's dark now. They WILL be, however, pretty crummy, err, muddy shots as the entire skid is caked on with stinky, sticky salt water marsh-type mud...but i'll still get some ;)

and you powder coat your skids, correct? think youd be interested in doing a set of rims for me?

You want them in beautiful baby blue like the skids? :P

I believe he subs the powder coating out.

And he has changed who does it.

Ask and you shall recieve...

Sorry, like I said, these are, umm, crummy shots ;) If you look REALLY closely, you can make out the "4x4parts.com" lettering on it.

bad photo

Dsc01131.jpg

a little better

Dsc01133.jpg

Skids look great.

I got Marcel's last set of 10G Black powdercoated skids waiting to be installed hehe. Probably throw em on in a few weeks when I do an oil change. I will have more time then since I will be done with school too. I've got 2 or 3 broken bolts to extract from the factory splash guard too since they broke. They look awesome quality though, can't wait to put them on. I will definitely post some pics.