R50 Bumpers

How many would be interested & what time frame?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How many would be interested & what time frame?

• Yes- When they are ready.
    • Yes- In 2 months.
    • Yes- In 3-4 months.
    • Yes- In 5-6months.
    • Yes- In 1 year or longer.

• 2 weeks later...
/\

:aok:

I hear you there. It's criminal to think ARB wants $1,900CAD if I order the bumper through NAPA. I figure with that money I can get front and rear bumpers made, as well as sweet rock silders and the remaining skid plates. That way I can design it all myself so it really makes things unique.

Keep us posted on your bumper fabrication. :beer:

ARB doesn't want $1900, ARB wants $1200USD, NAPA wants the rest.

I'm trying to get one of these made for my pathy:

IMG_2593.jpg

if/when it's done I will trade my ARB and Warn M8000 for an ARB rear locker and LOKKA front locker. I'll even pay for shipping within the lower 48 states. the combo cost me $2k+ and the lockers can be purchased for about $1300. of course cash is accepted.

anybody interested? just trying to make sure i could find a buyer if i spend more money on another front bumper.

EDIT: I'm meeting the guy this weekend to get a quote on bumpers and sliders. I'll try and take pics of his work; maybe if my stuff turns out well, he can use my bumpers as templates to build more.

Edited by alexrex20

• 4 weeks later...

I've questions for those who are familiar with the ARB bumper for the R50. There are two holes at the bottom of the bumper. Are those holes meant to fit D-ring shackles, which can then act as recovery points? During the bumper installation, the guys who did it removed my stock recovery points and I assume these would be my new ones. Am I mistaken?

post-10954-1239591159_thumb.jpg

Edited by dududuckling

yes, those are the new recovery points. they hang down pretty low, and are always hitting the rocks. but they're pretty stout and have withstood a lot of abuse and a few hard yanks. :)

is that your pathy in the pic? got any better pics?

any new news on this bumber?

if you meant that custom one in the pic above, then i didn't have it made. he was asking too much for a bumper that wasn't winch-capable; it didn't have the best mounting setup either.

yes, those are the new recovery points. they hang down pretty low, and are always hitting the rocks. but they're pretty stout and have withstood a lot of abuse and a few hard yanks. :)

is that your pathy in the pic? got any better pics?

Thanks for the reply. Sent you a PM.

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...
I'm trying to get one of these made for my pathy:

IMG_2593.jpg

if/when it's done I will trade my ARB and Warn M8000 for an ARB rear locker and LOKKA front locker. I'll even pay for shipping within the lower 48 states. the combo cost me $2k+ and the lockers can be purchased for about $1300. of course cash is accepted.

anybody interested? just trying to make sure i could find a buyer if i spend more money on another front bumper.

EDIT: I'm meeting the guy this weekend to get a quote on bumpers and sliders. I'll try and take pics of his work; maybe if my stuff turns out well, he can use my bumpers as templates to build more.

How Much will the front bumper be?

How Much will the front bumper be?

if you meant that custom one in the pic above, then i didn't have it made. he was asking too much for a bumper that wasn't winch-capable; it didn't have the best mounting setup either.

:yeahthat: ...Pretty sure it didn't go through in the end.

• 1 year later...

The bumpers that have been posted look pretty dang good but i was wondering if you guys/gals liked the look of my Dads Xterra bumper because I was thinkin about incorporating those looks into my bumper when I begin building??????

th_DSC03786.jpg

th_DSC03787.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im about to put OME susp. on my 2001...went ahead and got the HD up front and want a bumper right away to "soften" the ride and "harden" the looks!!!

HOLY CRAP are they expensive!!!!! Dont want anything too fancy, but $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!! :(

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is anyone making R50 bumpers? Tactical armor group is the only place I've found lately.I've heard a lot of bad things about them but they have a slick website and some of the videos I've seen show a really good product. The base price of $ 500 is also appealing. Some of my local welding shops have looked at images of what I want and say "no I won't do that" or "yeah , it'll run about $1500" Sometimes its so frusterating , I wish l'd bought a jeep! ( Just kidding:-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone making R50 bumpers? Tactical armor group is the only place I've found lately.I've heard a lot of bad things about them but they have a slick website and some of the videos I've seen show a really good product. The base price of $ 500 is also appealing. Some of my local welding shops have looked at images of what I want and say "no I won't do that" or "yeah , it'll run about $1500" Sometimes its so frusterating , I wish l'd bought a jeep! ( Just kidding:-)

I have the ARB Winvh Mount Bull Bar on my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder. It is listed on the ARB website as only fitting up to 2002 models, but they are wrong.

I origionally purchased it expecting to have to modify it slightly, but no mods needed, it bolted right on, all bolt holes lined up, and plenty strong. In the 6 years I have had it on my truck, I have winched off it many times with a 10,000lb winch and a snatch block. So I have put 20,000Lbs loads on it and it never budged.

I highly recommend it.

Next time I take it apart, I plan to weld the mounts directly to the frame with some stitch welds just to ensure its strength, but that is a want, not a need!

• Like 1