R50 Bumpers

How many would be interested & what time frame?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How many would be interested & what time frame?

• Yes- When they are ready.
    • Yes- In 2 months.
    • Yes- In 3-4 months.
    • Yes- In 5-6months.
    • Yes- In 1 year or longer.

Ok, I brought this up somewhere else but it was the wrong place. I was looking at a Warn bumper mounted on a toyota four runner. Older model. Anyway, the dimensions (length and width and depth of the wings) look like an exact match for my 02' pathfinder. I know the mounting is different, but with some fabricating, as long as everything else is good, it shouldn't be impossible to do. So, my thoughts are, if we could get dimensions for other makes of vehicles, someone could make an adapter kit for the tjm's available. Like the toyota. I've seen tons of tjm bumpers for toyotas, and alot of times they're cheaper than when the pathy's were available. I'm trying to get ahold of that warn bumper and see if i can make it work, but does anyone else have any suggestions or input to make this happen? Does this make any sense?

Haven't put the spacers in yet, still waiting for a winch. Bumper doesn't appear to add too much dive by itself. I would post the pics ..... but my computer is not liking my new camera soo, have to get them talking first.

• 1 month later...

Anyone interested in an ARB Xterra replica bumper? I'm thinking about getting one made by a local guy, if there's is interest I'll get more than one made. I'll get a price in the next week or so. Same thing as the pic below...but for the R50 pathfinder 96 to 99.

ea7b3023b0785f0c526b3986c2f51f45.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey Runnerman,

are you still making skid plates for R50s?

If so, could you email me the prices for front skid, possibly middle, and shipping to san diego CA 92111

Chimowicz@gmail.com

Thanks

• 4 months later...
Anyone interested in an ARB Xterra replica bumper? I'm thinking about getting one made by a local guy, if there's is interest I'll get more than one made. I'll get a price in the next week or so. Same thing as the pic below...but for the R50 pathfinder 96 to 99.

ea7b3023b0785f0c526b3986c2f51f45.jpg

Sign me up, I am in Calgary. Let me know what happens!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone know how I can get a hold of RUNNERMAN (Marcel Miller) personally? He has had a boat load of my money for several months without receiving any product. His phone is disconnected and he does not respond to ANY e-mails. He was real easy to get a hold of when I was sending him $$$. But now ??? I know he has not been around on NPORA for a while but just thought I'd give a try. And I guess to warn everyone not to deal with this deadbeat looser :thumbsdown: . Any info would be helpful, Thanks

Kirk, I can usually get a hold of him on the net, let me see what I can do for you... PM me your info / email address so I can ask him to contact you.

Runnerman took a couple months to get me my skid plates after I paid him, and I was getting nervous that I wouldn't get anything, but the skid plates arrived and everything was all good. Hopefully you'll get your stuff soon :)

• 2 months later...
I'd like some skid plates... :jig:

I hear the Black Panther guy is from Winnipeg...?

If so, I can try to help to convince him to get back business.

I'll put on my best sad face :(

Or, we had out there with beers, perogies and pickerel and convince him the "Manitoba" way. :aok:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ok I can answer these.

Turn signals- Yes they will.

Fog Lights- I have something in the works soon with a company on lights.

Fit 99.5-04- Yes as wifes pathy is a 03

Brush Guards- They will all come with a Hoop

recovery Points- Yes 2

Rear Bumper- After I finish the Front Bumper and the sliders for the R50

Not sure of any type of design for for the rear yet as I am trying to set my goal on the front first.

I hope this helps.

:beer:

y are there no bumpers made for 96-99?

arent the front ends interchangeable? i know the dashes are, not that that means anything but its unibody, how much would they honestly change it for an updated cosmetic look?

y are there no bumpers made for 96-99?

arent the front ends interchangeable? i know the dashes are, not that that means anything but its unibody, how much would they honestly change it for an updated cosmetic look?

There used to be bumpers available for the 96-99, by TJM, (the one I have) but they no longer make them, and finding one is a rare thing. I have a 99.5 and the mounts were the same, the issue is the shape of the grille. on the 99.5+ it is more rounded, and sticks out more. So my grille covers more of the top of the bumper than it should. The fitting is fine, I just dont have proper access to the winch.

That said, I do believe a few people have fit the ARB to a 96-99 pathy. I don't recall hearing of any issues... I assume they may have had some gap between the bumper and the grille.

Not sure of shipping and all that, but here's a link to maufacturer. Pretty decent list of customizations as well.

http://www.kenmtnac.com/WinPat9699.html

for the price and wait time for a KenMtn or ARB bumper, i'd recommend just going full custom. find a reputable shop, and drop off the Pathy for a week or two to let them do their thing. if i had known it would take 4mo to get my ARB when i purchased it, i would've just dropped my Pathy off at Shrockworks (about 10min from me) and let them build me a custom one-off bumper. it would've been faster and roughly the same price!

And why don't you drop it off still, and have them use your truck to build templates for R50 bumpers?

that's not a bad idea for a rear bumper w/tire carrier, but i suspect you were referring to the front bumper. i already got the ARB and am more than happy with it so i can't justify the extra cost/time of a Shrockworks, no matter how badass they are.

but i'm sure if enough people express interest in R50 front bumpers, and they decide to include the R50 in their lineup, i'd be glad to lend them my Pathy for prototype fitment. :)