Seat Covers

Pathfinder-jay

theres all kinds of sites out on the web that make custom 1's for about $200 i cant remember the name of the 1's a buddy of mine had but they were for his tacoma that he had custom made with mossy oak and they were sweet...fit the seats pefectly

BTW, I picked up a set of good condition Maxima seats for $50 from a JY. Some work with an upholstery cleaner and they look (and feel) brand new.

Yes, took some creative work to mount them, but it's doable.

Ohhhhh, yes. Infinitely more comfortable!

Not only is the basic design much more comfortable, and with more padding and nicer upholstery, the ones I got have knob manual adjusters for fore/aft, recliner, seat height, base angle, and lumbar support.

Honestly, they are more comfortable than our BMW!

Keep in mind I am an engineer and took great pains to make the seats as crash worthy as the stockers!

Passenger seat: Took the Maxima sliders off, made many measurements, drilled new holes and mounted pathy sliders to the Maxima seat base so they fit pathy holes. I think there might have been a piece of 2" by 3/16" bar stock involved as well, but no bending or machining. Just cutting and drilling.

Drivers seat: Since the rails are not really removable due to the multi-adjustable nature of the seat, I had to adapt the holes in the truck to match the seat. The down side to this is the maxima seat does not slide nearly as far as pathy, and since I am well over 6', I mounted it pretty far back. So the seat will not slide nearly far enough forward to allow passengers to get in on the drivers side (I have 2 door), but I rarely haul passengers back there anyway.

Front right corner: Just bent the seat mount a little and used that as reference point.

Rear right corner: A piece of 3/16" plate with some holes, grinding, drilling, and tapping.

Front left: Same

Rear left: Can't remember....

Bottom line, it was pretty much a full day of careful measuring and test fitting and a couple start overs. But it came out clean, and they sit perfectly straight and slide easily.

If this sounds worth tackling, let me know and I'll take some pictures and start a new thread.