weekend of the 29th

packie88

Wow, i need to keep up to date with everyone on this forum too..i seem to have found myself sucked into 4x4parts...RUNAWAY!

are you close? I'd love to see that SAS's pathy up here, give me somthing to look.. :cool2:

but serioulsy, i'd love to taker her up on a good first run (actually i'm gonna try to get it up the weekend of the 19th and test out the 4x4...

Gonna install front gears and locker weekend 11-12 march, built my drive line same week, then get it ouit in real 4x4 next weekend.

Been so long since i've really wheeled, (exept in my 75 F250 highboy, which is to big to have much fun in) i am relly excited abouit meeting up with some of you guys and having a good time. :beer:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For once in my life I might actually be able to go. I finally got weekends off at this new job and while I might possibly never get around to getting my BL on I might have to check out the easy trails anyways!

Edited by Duffman

I should be good that weekend, I'm just in a holding pattern. Got a close friend, and their daughter's first b-day is Sat. I believe, down in Longview (near Portland). I'm pushing to go regardless, and send a cool gift instead, but am weighing the option of sleeping on the couch. :huh: Its not like the kid will know we're missing anyways. ;)

For once in my life I might actually be able to go. I finally got weekends off at this new job and while I might possibly never get around to getting my BL on I might have to check out the easy trails anyways!

Body lift.. come on, that will take all of 2 hours man... git r done! :aok:

Sweet Man, let me know when you get her on the road, get a side by side shot..looks like your alot taller then me..mines basically 4"suspension 3"Body not too crazy yet..its SUA right now..

Sweet, i've got a 3" body lift and about 7" of suspension..

I do have to ask, you went through all the trouble to do a SAS.. why in the world did you go spring under? :wacko:

just curious

To keep it somewhat streetable, plus it was cheaper. ;)

ya, cheaper is true... stettable is arguable..

I got mine out on the road, no sway bars what soever and it drives like a new car.. no kidding i nearly shat myself when i found out how well it drives.

hey muddy, go get yourself a lunchbox locker for that thing..

im pretty happy with the way it is right now, We did SUA also cause it sits level without messing with the rear end since i only have the ford coils in rear and the 3" BL, one of these days i may do spring over but i gotta figure out how im gonna compensate for the a$$ of the truck inexpensively and i just bought 35's and if i do SOA im gonna wanna go bigger and i already set myself back buying them. another thing, its very top heavy right now due to rear bushings that are shot...any pointers on easing some of the top heavyness off? Maybe i could meet up and let you drive it to see if its normal or could use adjustment somewhere.

That would be ok. I'm gonna be home this weekend. If you wanted to get together before the end of april, sunday march 12 is the only day i'll be free till the end of april.. I'm a really busy guy. I have to do my gear install that sunday so i'll be home. If you want to go on a road trip from tacoma and come out to puyallup, we could meet.

I'd love to meet some local guys.. expecially another SAS Pathy.

I can tell you how to lift the back of your pathy more easily...

(Early broco springs) :secret:

Edited by 87pathy

may sound like a noob here, but whats the easisest way of gettin to evans creek. i havent been there but have heard of it many times.

Take Hwy 410 east from the Valley Fwy (167). Go all the way to Buckley, about 15 mi or so from 167. The hwy will curve to the left, and you'll see signs for Hwy 165 going to Wilkeson. Take that right turn, and follow 165 past the junction with 162 (you'll curve left here). Continue on through Wilkeson and Carbonado, both are small towns. you'll come to a pretty tall 1 lane bridge over a river, and just past this the road forks. Go right up the hill toward Mowich Lake, and I believe its 7 mi from that point to Evan's Creek. That road quickly turns to dirt and gravel for the rest of the trip out.

If you're coming out the back roads from the north (Maple Valley Hwy #169) and through Enumclaw, then you'd go west on 410 to Buckley, and follow directions above.

Its really easier than it sounds. If people are planning on meeting up before heading out, I'd suggest meeting at the 410 Cafe rather than out in Wilkeson or elsewhere. The 410 Cafe is on Hwy 410 in Buckley, directly across the street from the turn off to Hwy 165, and it would be much easier for people to find.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

If people are planning on meeting up before heading out, I'd suggest meeting at the 410 Cafe rather than out in Wilkeson or elsewhere. The 410 Cafe is on Hwy 410 in Buckley, directly across the street from the turn off to Hwy 165, and it would be much easier for people to find.

Agreed. this is a better place to meet.

anybody interested keep it open and we can have an open chat a week or so before the trip. so we can finalize everything.

:cool2: So if not already you're going to have it in tomorrow?

Yep, its together and on the vise, and tomorrow is the day to wrap it up. All has gone extremely well, except the thing absolutely refused to be removed from the axle. I literally spent an hour and a half on that alone, with my father-in-law helping and giving advise. We're talking push-pull, tons of PB Blaster on the studs and all the way around, BFH, jack, etc. etc. I ended up risking it with the surfaces and splitting it out with an old putty knife driven by a hammer that I had to use all the way around. Anyways, tomorrow I should be 3wheel drive. :D

I can tell you how to lift the back of your pathy more easily...

(Early broco springs) :secret:

I have the Ford Coils already in the back, i was thinking about picking up some 4" lift coils for the same thing to live me even more so i can do SOA, One of these days ill come down and see your Pathy..trying to find a job right now..about to be thrown out of my apartment and be forced to move to Renton and sleep on a couch

A teaser...

Hey 87Pathy, thanks for the needed motivation. ;)

good!

I got my front locker and gears put in sunday and i am building my front driveline today..

Looks like i'll be ready to go as well!