How many people would buy the 4 1/2" lift?

tmorgan4

Just posted this over on AC too. I'm trying to find out whether this is something I should pursue or not. :takebow:

As of right now I'm in the process of trying to work something out with Keith (system-f). I'm posting this in a new thread since almost no one is responding (I've gotten 2 so far) even though quite a few people initially said they would.

This forum has been slow lately, especially this section. Hopefully it'll speed back up.

So the question is, if I were to organize the production of these 4 1/2" drop bracket lifts, how many people would buy them? Prices would be somewhere between probably $350-$550 which includes everything you need including the steering upgrades. What do you guys think a fair price would be?

If I get many responses I'll go ahead with production over the next few months (granted I work everything out with Keith) and have them ready hopefully by summer, if not earlier. I also need opinions on whether or not it's worth it to everyone to pay a few $$$ more to have them cut using a plasma cutter as opposed to an Oxy/acetalyne torch.

Appreciate the responses, PM me with any questions.

Tyler

Dan, I figured you'd be the first one to want one! :P

So far it seems like the testers have had good luck with everything and I haven't heard of any problems so far. It's been test fitted on the 96-99 and 99.5+ versions and works with both. So far the consensus is the front skid plate would need to be modified, mainly just by cutting it in half and adding a few more inches of steel onto it. It seems like some people are scared away by the fact that it's almost too big, but it's not near as huge as I expected it to be. Here's a picture of Colopathy's on AC's board for those of you who haven't seen it. Tires are 33x12.5's. The 4.5" lift is on in front, but the rear only has the blocks in with stock springs instead of AC 2" springs.

536959245_ColoPathySmall.bmp

The only thing that the price of the lift won't include is the 2" lift springs that are only needed in the rear. The main purpose is to gain lift (obviously) while keeping the CV angles at stock height rather than at a severe angle than can tear the boots and ruin the axles.

• 2 weeks later...
Can this be used with the AC lift in the front ?? I already have that lift but need more !

From what I hear (from the thread on the AC board), it is not recommended... I have the same issue.

From what I have seen the AC lift is the problem with CV Angles, mine has been on for a year and I have front lock outs. No problems so this shouldnt exagerate the angle anymore than it already is and give me another 2 " of lift ?? Is this correct ?? I would think that rear Drive Shaft angle would start to be a problem now??

Craig

The one that system-f put together also drops the other parts of the truck, so the angles are not compromised...

Kit includes

2 4" strut spacers

4 3 3/4" sub frame spacers

2 3 3/4" engine mount spacers

2 2" rear spring spacers ( I recommend A/C rear 2" lift coils with my kit)

1 steering extension shaft

info here

If you took the 4 sub frame spacers, and the 2 engine mount spacers and added 2inch spacers on the 2'' AC lift in the front. For the rear add 2'' under the spring mount for the rear diff you'd now have approx 4inches of lift all round with CV problems gone. i like the look of the rear higher rather then lower then the front.

anyone see any flaws in this idea?

oh and i guess your still need the steering extension shaft. so i guess you'd be excluding the 4inch strut spacers. which id have a hard time seeing them being safe, or like wise no one should be worried about 2inch spacers in the front.

i like the idea of more lift thats forsure. and i guess you could get the spacers and just cut them in half!

I haven't been checking this thread too much lately so I apologize for not replying sooner. The only problem with cutting the spacers in half is the fact that Keith extensively researched the angles needed for the strut spacers so they are the exact same as stock which would surely get messed up if they were cut. Most people get more than 2" from the AC springs so the back would most likely still be higher or close to even. An extension for the steering will be needed, and when I find out what they come off of I'll probably have an option for supplying one if you need one however I might have problems sourcing about 20 of them. That's of course if this all goes through. :huh: The other thing I need to find out is what to do protect myself from being liable if anything did fail, since even a signiture with a release form doesn't fully protect you here in the US. :oops:

Looks like I really need to get working on this. There are quite a few people interested, definitely way more than I had initially expected. :bow: I know quite a people have wondered if they could get their own dimensions and build it themselves which I do respect, but it would be easier and more cost effective to have one person produce and sell all of them. I'll try and make some progress this week and try to get a hold of Keith. It's been almost 3 weeks since he's responded.... :furious:

• 2 weeks later...

I know that you need the stock front coils for the lift. If any of you are interested I have a pair of OME front coils that I am not using. They would ride closer the the stock height and be a little stiffer. If interested e-mail me. tw_bega@hotmail.com I am in Utah so let me know a price that you think is fair. They have about 5000 miles on them.

I would love to get the 4 inch lift but the wife, and new baby say that I can't. :sniff: