Washington meeting

packie88

Just FYI, i'll bring some 87 ball joints and a center link just in case for you guys are running stock stuff. don't want to have any issues.. of coarse if you need it i'll quadruple the price :P ... just kidding.

Just want to help out!

oh and roto zuk is bringing a 6 lug 33" spare

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a small problem..ya may not make it unless someone can help me..pathfinders steering box is toast..alotta play..i had it adjusted already once and its back to worse. i need either a steering box from a 93-95 or someone that can tinker with mine and see what they can do. im in Renton available monday thru friday up until 2pm

http://www.roy-yautowrecking.com/

supposedly they got a new one for 99 bucks. i'd love to help, but i have to ask is it the box or is it another component?

i will only be home friday to wrench on my junk and i have to change my steering heim joint. (put a crappy one in to get going, now i'm upgrading before i break it).

they are easy to adjust, but and i'd love to help. i can talk you through it on the phone, but i'm still in ohio, so......

pm me and i can get your number and try to walk through it if you don't wnat to buy the 99 dollar one.

that sucks ass!

I've got a cb, and usually just run on 17 and 19 (the freeway trucker channels) around town. There are some crazy hilarious peeps out there when you're tired of listening to the stereo. But I guess whatever channel you want to run works for me. :D

Okay, I know I don't say much here. I guess I don't really fit in. I think Nissan is the only thing I didn't take a part from and use on my zuk. But I am going to ride with you all. I hope you guys don't mind. But I looking forward to it. I will bring the 33 spare for you guys but I am not sure about the center hole working. I know it wont clear the front hubs. Anyway. Looking forward to meeting you guys. And riding with you all in one of my favorite States. And whoever has the avatar with the bouncing bettys. I cant see it enough. Very nice.

Talk to you later.

Okay, I know I don't say much here. I guess I don't really fit in. I think Nissan is the only thing I didn't take a part from and use on my zuk. But I am going to ride with you all. I hope you guys don't mind. But I looking forward to it. I will bring the 33 spare for you guys but I am not sure about the center hole working. I know it wont clear the front hubs. Anyway. Looking forward to meeting you guys. And riding with you all in one of my favorite States. And whoever has the avatar with the bouncing bettys. I cant see it enough. Very nice.

Talk to you later.

Welcome, I can't wait to see that beast of a truck you have. :aok:

i got a cb as well and am typically runnin the same channels as Mr pickles.

ive got a full size 31x10.5 spare. hi lift jack as well. and i think im bringing my smokey joe for some bbqin.

Ya like that $hit haha, im totally screwed on going if i dont find a steering box for a 93-95...i can still drive it but i dont want to get it sooo bad that im gonna be screwed after ORing. Anybody know any places with a pathfinder? not looking to spend more then $100

Ya like that $hit haha, im totally screwed on going if i dont find a steering box for a 93-95...i can still drive it but i dont want to get it sooo bad that im gonna be screwed after ORing. Anybody know any places with a pathfinder? not looking to spend more then $100

check out www.car-parts.com

as a matter of fact, they have about 5 pathies up there, Meridian auto wrecking is just up the road from my house and i've picked stuff off of them before

you gotta come, i have been waiting to see another real SAS'd pathy

steering box is out..now i need a pitman arm puller and a big a$$ wrench. Meridian they are bitches over there they will over charge you more then new. if you can get me one for $100 bucks..ill take it but i doubt youll get that lucky. budget has one yes i know. i just now gotta get a pitman arm puller cause i cant use my stock one since its custom fabed to work with my SAS steering. hopefully tomorrow (thurs) ill get over to Budget and get it. we'll see

Steve

as a matter of fact, they have about 5 pathies up there, Meridian auto wrecking is just up the road from my house and i've picked stuff off of them before

you gotta come, i have been waiting to see another real SAS'd pathy

***WARNING: Begining of rant***

Just don't by any major parts from them (or in my opinion.. anything)...

After you agree to a deal and make a deposit all is well. Then you arrive later to pick it up and not everything you agreed to is present.. "debate" the deal for a while before coming to another agreement to pick up said missing parts later.

Call back to let them know you will be in again and they tell you to bring parts back that they already sold to you and that they will NOT honor prior agreement(s)

Argue again, get hung up on then proceed to be hung up on every time you call, as soon as they figure out who you are.

Until this past year they were "by a long shot" my favorite wrecking yard, prices were not the best but fair, service seemed good and they almost always had what I needed. I have bought so much from them in the past and planned a couple more major purchases from them (had another deal worked out already)... but after the BS involving the engine for the Pathy I will never again buy from them :furious:

Stay away from Mark, he was the one I bought the engine from and the root of my problems, there was one guy (Bob I think it was) who honestly tired to help me out and get me everything I paid for... but Mark and the A*#H&^E manager/super/owner (he refused to tell me who he was or what position there he held) blocked everything he tried... to help me.

***End Rant***

Good luck finding a steering box, or dealing with that yard

BTW Pick-a-Part in Tumwater has a Pathy and if they box is still there then the cost is $27.99 (they flat rate all parts ;) )

It's a you pull yard... good people too :aok:

Edited by RedPath88

What time are we all headed over there? I dont get out of school till 12, but I was planning on skipping anyways.

There's also South Hill Auto Wrecking on 128th. They had a few Pathys and Hardbodys when I was there a few months ago, and they always seem to have some.

Duffman, school... on Sat? D'oh! :blink: I believe 87Pathy wanted to meet at 8:30 or so in Buckley, if I remember right. I'm game for whatever really cause that's only like 10 min from home.

8:30!!!! SWEET HEZUES, lol thats cool mapquest says an hour on mapquest. Thats an extra half hour than a workday of sleep!

Im taking a mathclass for this high voltage class, thats my reason, and I have no life.

8:30!!!! SWEET HEZUES, lol thats cool mapquest says an hour on mapquest. Thats an extra half hour than a workday of sleep!

Im taking a mathclass for this high voltage class, thats my reason, and I have no life.

You're up by Burien, right? That time sounds about right. You might want to think about going out hopping off 167 in Auburn and heading out Auburn Way, then cutting over from Enumclaw. I guess either way, you can't quite go in a straight line though. :shrug:

Ok, after i get the new box, is there anything ineed to know before i put it back in? like what direction does the thing need to be in i noticed an arrow where it turns..can someone explain proper reinstallation

just recenter your steering wheel, then your pitman arm has some skip teeth in it to make sure it only goes on n a couple of positions. its not too hard.. glad you got it going!

yes 8;30 at the 410 cafe in buckley

As it stands now, it is a go for me :) (Ride along)

Anything people thinks we should bring? (aside from vehicle related items... is this area muddy? If so then a change of clothes might be in order.

For those who have been along this/these trails.. an average length of time from beginning to end? I know time can vary greatly, but something to give an idea might not be a bad idea.

Planned meals if it is an all day trip (I don' eat much but some do or have too)... breakfast before leaving home or at the restaurant/gas station?

Anyway, just tossing it out :shrug:

Glad to hear you're going, man! If you're riding with me, do you want to just meet at my house rather than leaving your car at the restaurant. Let me know, and I'll PM directs... its very easy to get here.

It shouldn't be very muddy, as we haven't had much for rain lately. Who knows about snow, guess we'll find out. But a change of clothes is probably a good idea in any case. As for lenth, couldn't say. I've played around on some of these trails, but being alone I turned around before I got too far in.

As for food, obviously there's nothing at all up there. I'd suggest a cooler and some sandwiches, or whatever you can pack/want to bring. If we're thinking of an actual lunch break, I think the campground area has some grills or at least fire pits, and its right in the middle of the ORV park.

I'd be up for breakfast at the 410 Cafe before everybody shows up if others are going too. Otherwise I'll just do breakfast at home and go. Post up if you're gonna go early for chow, its supposed to be a pretty good place.