TOTM - Suggestions Box

k9sar

• 2 weeks later...

so after my lil event this weekend...I think there needs to be a stuck of the month along with TOTM would be a fun poll to have every month or every other month

X2 , You read my mind , i was just thinking about it , but I was thinking if there would eb enough stucks on monthly basis .

yea i thought that too...but i think its one of those htings that would get people posting more pix and wheeling harder...and if its only 1 or 2 a month even if they're old its still a fun thread ot have around...i def plan to keep on wheeling her hard...hoping my next 2 trips after the new clutch she stays on all 4 but theres a few trails at gulches that i know if the line goes bad i'm on my side if not over but its time to give her a full test...i'm getting over the pipes at gulches and def hitting the pipe garden and the beautiful part is i can get 4 tows home from there with my AAA...its only 1 from URE lol

stuck of the month and carnage of the month could be combined...maybe...situation of the month lol

• 1 month later...

i think december and february shoudl BOTH be snow themed months, since finding any mud this time of year, for most of us, is going to be impossible. but the snow is endless!

What about those who have plenty of mud, but never get any snow? Gotta be fair to both sides :shrug:

That may work for those around here, but what about those members in other places of the globe :togo:

;)

:beer:

What about those who have plenty of mud, but never get any snow? Gotta be fair to both sides :shrug:

Smart man :beer:

so make it snow mud or slush lol? we got plenty of mud tomorrow and a slight chance of snow on weds which will be like 1/8" if any

I don't think I've been overly critical of the pics posted for the themed months.

A snow pic doesn't have to be 80% white.... Just as long as you can see snow in the background :aok:

It does make me laugh that people want different things, but we hardly ever get 20 noms anyway :shrug:

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so I kinda went off on a little rant about discussions and unrelated stuff in the ToTM nomination thread in the Poho a little while ago. :blush02: I've noticed that in the months where there's a whole bunch of chatter in the thread there don't tend to be as many entries. I like to see lots of pics of Pathfinders! So... I guess what my suggestion boils down to is that any post in the nominations thread that doesn't contain an entry pic and the user name of the truck's owner be deleted. This keeps the thread small, and will hopefully encourage more people to enter. As I said in Poho, the occasional 'nice pic!' or the like is cool, we don't want this to be a police state or anything I don't think. It would just be nice if we all tried a little harder to keep it to nominations only. Also, if it does get out of hand please let a moderator or administrator know so they are aware of it. I don't want anybody to get in trouble over this or anything, I just want to see more Pathy pics!

:aok:

Thank you Pezzy for the cleanup on aisle 1! :)

people actually read the rules AND follow them? What do you want, a magical unicorn as well?! :suicide::rofl:

alot of the 'rule breaking' banter that tends to happen in ToTM generally seems to be by newer people that I guess don't know any better (except the ocasional joke entry from someone who should :shiftyeyes: ) I wouldn't see it as a 'heavy handed' act if the useless bs that is NOT a nomination/vote related(when its voting time as that can get carried away as well) dissapeared. Not saying give actual warnings or suspensions out over the wrongness, just maby a :nono: and make rule #7 bigger text and bright friggin colored so its seen easier as I'm sure EVERYONE looks em over all the time.

how about a discussion thread with every nomination thread each month to keep the pohoing out? b/c you can do a multiquote in the one thread and then go to the other thread to drag whatever pic you want to talk about in there?

still waiting on stuck of the month lol

• 2 weeks later...

So we gonna get some changeups in the themed months? Maby swap one out for the 'stuck' theme, maby a 'member with truck' theme 1 month, maby swap out one of the terrain based themes for a 'woods' theme. Hell maby even make a 'joke' theme for pics like Mr510 made the one time or a 'mall terrain' or 'clean/shiny' type theme so B has a chance! maby an 'underside up' type shot as well show off some axle! (but still see some good truck)

Edited by nunya

• 5 weeks later...

Wonderin myself... We gonna revise the themes at all? Or goein by the 2010 schedule again? Gotta fill me in on this stuff incase Tex is bein lazy again!

I thought they were pretty general themes that almost everyone has a chance to get pics of.

Too many/different themes would most likely just confuse people or make it look messy.

I'll see what Red, Pezzy and B have to add. :aok:

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone please ORGANIZE the Truck of the Month section like this. If it means pinning everything to force it to stay in place then please do so. Make me a moderator for the day and I will be happy to make some sense of all this mess.

Something like this would work:

TOTM Other Business

•  
  • Totm - Suggestions Box
  • TOTM - RULES!
  • TOTM - Moderation

Current Year

•  
  • TOTM Winners
  • Nominations and Voting

•  
    • 2011/02 Nominations
    • 2011/02 Voting
    • 2011/01 Nominations
    • 2011/01 Voting

Past Years

•  
  • TOTY Winners

•  
    • 2010 TOTY Nominations
    • 2010/12 Nominations
    • 2010/12 Voting
    • 2010/11 Nominations
    • 2010/11 Voting
    • Etc.....

•  

•  
    • 2009 TOTY Nominations
    • 2009/12 Nominations
    • 2009/12 Voting
    • 2009/11 Nominations
    • 2009/11 Voting
    • Etc.....

Edited by BonnerBB

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with your idea, bonner, is that pinning will only keep the group at the top. It wont keep the order, as they default to last posted order after. The only way to group everything like you have it listed is to create a series of subforums, which might be even more confusing than what we already have.